cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Wizard

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Sprint has made an offiical announcement in Sprint News.  See the post here.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the day...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update below. 

5/18 Update:

• Cancellation procedure update

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

670 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

When Order Support Escalations denied my cancellation today, they told me the fastest way to get my refund, would be to take my phone to a Sprint store upon receipt for immediate refund.  According to the official announcement, it says we must refuse shipment, or request a return kit.  That means more delays for the refund.  Is Sprint now saying that in store returns will not be accepted?

Wizard

Good question.  I'm checking.

Update:

You may return the phone in a Retail store; however, with the option of cancelling now available, that may not be your quickest approach.

Journeyman

Is it possible for e-mail updates instead of only through blog? I just happened to check the Sprint site and noticed the blogs. I never received an e-mail with the unfortunate news as of right now. With that said, please send customers updated e-mails because I'm sure there are many people who pre-ordered whom may not even know, just waiting on an e-mail saying their phone has been shipped.

Wizard

Yes, we are planning to send emails to those who pre-ordered...it just takes a bit longer to get all the internal system updates in place than to communicate via the forums. You should be receiving one in the next day or so.

Journeyman

So for those who are relatively normal and placed their pre-order (were charged at that time) and are quietly waiting for their shipping confirmation without obsessively reading these forums will be getting a "order has been delayed" email by as late as friday, 5/18?

Nice.

sabbys

Journeyman

My question is what is Sprint going to do for those of us that are still "WANTING" this phone after all of this? First I was a loyal customer and "Pre-ORDERED" my phone within the hour of preordering started and paid the $199 they were asking for. Then to find out that BestBuy and others had the phone for sale for $199, with a $50 gift card, making the phone for $149. Talked to a Sprint Rep about this and he said that the people that "PRE-ORDERED" their phones would end up getting a rebate to make up the saving's. Then days later talked to another Rep asking how I would be able to get this "Saving's" and found out that they will not do that because "Sprint has no control over what other company's sale their phones for". Which I was fine with. Then sign on today to figure out who was going to be handling my shippment and saw that the phone is delayed? What the heck? So again I ask, What is SPRINT going to do for THEIR customers that are still WANTING this phone? I understand that it is not Sprint's fault for the delay, but Sprint has made a promise to customers in email such as this one;

Thanks again for pre-ordering the new HTC EVO™ 4G LTE from Sprint.

This revolutionary smartphone is available to the public on Friday, May 18. So we'll do our absolute best to make sure you get yours first. Soon, you'll have unlimited access to all the things you love, only from Sprint.

We're processing your order now so look for your shipping confirmation email informing you of the specific carrier used for delivery, as well as the tracking number on the day that your phone ships

So SPRINT I have a few ideas that will make me happy and maybe even MORE of your customers. I see it like this, you (SPRINT) can either, one send us our phones with a rebate like I was told by a Rep, or two, offer the customers a case like the OtterBox Defender. This is just ideas to continue to make your customers happy and still want to be your customers. After all you guys did in fact promised us a phone by May 18th.

Journeyman

Oh and also, What is up with having me as a customer sence April 14, 2008. For the record, in which I can prove, I have been a LOYAL customer sence 2001-2002.

Journeyman

As already stated, an email would be a great touch for Sprint to have considered LONG before TOMORROW!  Why must I scour the internet in hopes for an update / call order support 4 times in the last 36 hours to be told differnt stories each time (including a promise that my order would be to my door no later than Friday)?  It seems only fair to keep those that pre-ordered (I am waiting on 2 EVOs) and paid in full upfront up to date the minute any information is available.  right?

I'm hoping Sprint appreciates me as a customer enough to consider some sort of compensation.  I purchased a phone, not a guessing game.

Journeyman

Note...  The 2008 date is when you became a member of the forum.

Edit:  Disregard my statement above.  It looks like the forum join dates are experiencing a bug.  I know I just joined the forum a couple of days ago, but it shows that I joined in March of 2008.

JJSDAD101 wrote:

Oh and also, What is up with having me as a customer sence April 14, 2008. For the record, in which I can prove, I have been a LOYAL customer sence 2001-2002.

Community News

Community News

Aaargh! Subscribe to the Captain's Log to find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.