cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Sprint needs this phone to be successful in order to continue to build out their LTE network. What good is this phone on the current 3G network? Everyone who wants a refund of some sort, for the phone they plan on spending the next two years with, should think of that when demanding that Sprint shell out cash for something out of their control. Granted, they should have been more forthright with the facts. Sprint cash flow, which is essential to LTE buildout, is hurting due to lost sales/cancellations. This will directly affect the enjoyment you get from the new EVO you are so pissed at not having yet.

The way I see it, you have two choices... Settle in for the long haul with the phone/carrier and support them, or jump ship.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ya know, wlwarshauer you are welcome to do as you please but I put it out there for anyone interested. I never mentioned a "cousin".  If you have no problems with what's going on then why are you here? Apple could stop this mess anytime, whereas griping at US Customs will only tick them off and I imagine make them work even slower.  HTC claims they have complied with the patents so if this is true then Apple is just making sure that they lose business by customers cancelling their orders.  I have sent a couple notices to them but Apple is the one who got the ball rolling here and has it in their power to stop it.  Who said anything about giving Tim Cook advice about how to run Apple?  If enough people storm his emails requesting they drop this nonsense then who knows....I don't think Cook will like it too well knowing just how many people are against his company, then again, who knows if he even cares at this point.  Apple is greedy and thinks that only they should be at the top...other companies have ideas too and these so-called patents are a farse to begin with because Apple didn't exist until after this technology was developed.  For Apple to make claim on any of it just shows their arrogance.  You handle things your way, I'll handle things my way.  This ridiculous hissy fit that Apple is throwing came just when they wanted it to, to hinder Android's success...I have every right to speak what I feel to Apple or anyone else, just as Apple can sit on their butts and do nothing.  I hope HTC sticks to their guns and doesn't give in to Apple.  To each his own.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There are so many statements in your post I could single out, but I'll just say this:

There aren't that many people who hate apple. Far more people like Apple, as evidenced by their revenue and quantity of sales. Apple is doing what every successful company does. They are rigorously defending their patents/IP. You would too if you were the head of Apple. Apple has built a very popular and successful platform. They are interested in protecting it. Let’s not forget that before the iphone was announced, your precious Android operating system looked like a blackberry knock-off, qwerty keyboard included. That all changed when the iphone was announced, which is why it took google 3 revisions to get their half-baked operating system up to par with Apple’s. The best thing Google ever did was to hire Matis Duarte to bring a cohesive theme to android. It's shame, of course, that HTC has to cover that up with sense, but whatever.

And please, point to a mobile tech company that isn’t interested in making as much money as possible. Point to a company that isn’t interested in burying their competition in any way that they can. Please tell me how it’s in the best interest of Apple’s to try to not prevent HTC from selling a phone that may violate their patents?

With all that being said, I hope HTC gets to sell their phone soon. I like HTC. I don't like patent violators, but I do like HTC as a whole.They are doing the best job of all the android OEM's. I'll still be waiting for the next iphone, but I welcome compeition in the market. When android puts out a superior product to the iphone, then I'll jump ship with a smile on my face.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah but if you ordered from Sprint and started a contract with the phone ( like I did ) they waived the activation fee and best buy doesn't so I looked at it more like 50-36= $14 gift card since the moneys coming out of my pocket anyway, also they only offered the simply unlimited plans too. no minute options

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seems we both have a lot to say...or could...you are obviously a huge Apple fan, hey more power to ya.  I, however, am not.  I know all the ins and outs re Apple so all I really have to say on this issue is that I find it arrogant of Apple to claim ownership on XML when they did not create it.  Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the WWW is the genius so for Apple to even obtain a patent is absurd.  For the US Courts to allow Apple to have their own way considering how wrong Apple is and that none of this so-called intellectual property was theirs to begin with is shameful...all of this has been open sourced since the beginning.  Links come from the XML based codes, which has been the very backbone of the internet.  The Hyper Text Markup Language has been around longer than anything Apple has created, epecially the iPhone/iPad.  Apple did not have the first handheld touch screen device that could get on the internet or email nor was the first MP3 player an iPod.  Apple is not innocent...they have taken from giants as much as they claim others have taken from them.  Xerox had a GUI that Apple based their first OS off of.  I could go on but basically I say to any company GO FOR IT, improve on another's work, make things so awesome we just HAVE to get our hands on it BUT don't whine about the competition and use the law (lame that it is) to stop a competitor.  Apple acts like spoiled children, throwing fits.  Apple does not deserve many of the patents they have received.  It's sort of like the pot calling the kettle black...it's ok for them to beg, borrow & steal but not anyone else.  All they have managed to do is alienate those of us who were indifferent toward them or maybe even liked some of their products.  Crying FIRE to stop HTC from getting their Android devices to its customers is their way of hurting the competition but it won't stop Android fans from wanting Android devices.

"Apples's lawsuits against HTC, Samsung and Motorola stem from Apple's feeling that Android was "grand theft" of iPhone intellectual property....the late Steve Jobs reportedly vowed to go "thermonuclear" over Android, and spend every dime in Apple's tens of billions of dollars in the bank to reap horrible vengeance upon them."  It's all GREED and the lack of the patent office to recognize that Apple did not create all existing technology and should not own the market on the very basic things that make technology so great is sickening.  It matters not whether you or I agree, I merely came here to supply Tim Cook's email for those who have something to say, to say it to the CEO, the company, whom are THE reason our phones are locked down.  They screamed and the US Customs came to their rescue...over what?  Phones?  Android phones from HTC who admittedly said they did remove the links that they SHOULD have every right to use?!  They are a business, taking from greats in the past and to improve on them, just like Apple did.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I assume this has been posted, but just in case...

ISN says we should have our phones next week:

But before you decide to do that, let me say that I fully expect this phone to be in our hands by next week. And I’m also waiting for my HTC EVO 4G LTE! So while I can make no promises, or give you any new info yet… If my mom asked me when she’d have her new EVO, I’d say next week.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not good. Amazon pre-orderers are getting emails with a shipping date of...

July 2, 2012.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pics...

KevinA76 wrote:

Not good. Amazon pre-orderers are getting emails with a shipping date of...

July 2, 2012.

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/2012/05/18/so-you-want-to-cancel-your-pre-order-of-the-htc-evo-...

Two different posters said they got the same email in the comments.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I see.  Note that ISN was very quick to respond, and seemed very confident that the Amazon ship date is not accurate.  Still, it is always good to know what the 3rd party vendors are saying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Sprint!!!

Is there a way to just combine the "Sprint Announcement" & "Breaking News" threads to a complaints and grievances thread and leave the rest of the discussion board to people with legit questions and/or wanting updates and info separate?

Because this is almost coming off as trolling. People infiltrating update/informative threads to throw off the topic with the same complaints, lets just make it one board so they can keep it there, rather than every post being turned into the same discussion, by what it seems like the same people.  Lets just give them their own place!

I have to weed through these threads now for valid information.  These threads are all turning into the same thing

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good luck...  I have made this suggestion in multiple threads, and asked that people not start new threads on the same subject.  Of course, most people probably want to tell me to get bent.    I think the mods are being very lenient because of the situation.  I keep telling myself that I am only going to follow one thread, but the problem is that there are legitimate updates peppered into several threads.  I agree it is a pain to get updates quickly and easily.

EVOLuva27 wrote:

Hey Sprint!!!

Is there a way to just combine the "Sprint Announcement" & "Breaking News" threads to a complaints and grievances thread and leave the rest of the discussion board to people with legit questions and/or wanting updates and info separate?

Because this is almost coming off as trolling. People infiltrating update/informative threads to throw off the topic with the same complaints, lets just make it one board so they can keep it there, rather than every post being turned into the same discussion, by what it seems like the same people.  Lets just give them their own place!

I have to weed through these threads now for valid information.  These threads are all turning into the same thing

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat