cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

I am a long time Sprint customer (a decade plus) with FIVE lines, and I am very disappointed in Sprint.

I don't blame Sprint or HTC for the customs delay.  But I do think Sprint has handled this very badly with its customers.

First of all, we are reading here about the Evo clearing customs.  If that's true, that is great.  But why is Sprint silent.  It would not be hard for Sprint to send email updates.  When it does clear, what is the delivery schedule?

I think there are two musts here.  Since everyone who went to Amazon, Best Buy, etc is spending $50 less than the people who gambled and preordered with Sprint, and got CHARGED IN ADVANCE, a $50 per phone preorder credit is a MUST.  I insist on that.  And I think we need to be told the new estimated delivery date.

That's not asking much.  But if Sprint wants to avoid angering customers over what should have been its proudest moment, now is the last chance for the company whose customer service is not anywhere near as good as they claim.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am going to disagree with you on this one .... This is like saying you are entitled to a refund because a fatal crash kept you from making a show. It was not Sprint's fault that this delay came about. If any one is to blame here it is HTC for knowing the possiblity of the seizure due to the the ITC finding. As far as the $50 credit is concerned no offense but that is ludicrious. You can still refuse your pre-order (cancel it)  then go and order from best buy, amazon or where ever you want. You have options I too am a sprint customer since 2000 and I think their CS has improved a GREAT DEAL over what it used to be. I was called by Sprint personally on Thrusday telling me of the delay and that they will update me once this has been worked through. Reports are just now coming through .. Give it time

I just get the "I am entitled" message from your post.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That link is from May 11th.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ooops my bad but still I hope the "gist" of my reply was evident

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's all good. I got excited reading it, then realized it sounded really familiar. LOL

Highlighted
Journeyman

has anyone actually received a tracking number yet

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint has said that UPS handles their storage facility. So, I would assume that since UPS doesn't work sundays that we wont see any shipping until Monday.

rnjtg77 wrote:

has anyone actually received a tracking number yet

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had a lot of kicks and giggles with the folks at the Sprint store since May 7th. I'm hoping that with the hold up on the original launch date, they won't wait for a revised launch date from corporate, and just let me grab the phone when they show up. The stores won't release pre-ordered phones unless corporate says they can...even though phone orders will be in customers hands before hand.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No tracking # yet, but Im in Louisville, Ky where UPS is! Maybe I'll get mine first, haha...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes that is correct they don't work on the week-ends.  We will not received any notice before Monday if any, I pray that this all come to past and that we all recieve our beloved phones. One thing for sure on the positive note is that out of something done with all the worst intentsion Apple have made the Evolte more desirable.. I for one will welcome my phone with open arms whenever it comes MAYBE THIS WEEK!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

AANDP2577 wrote:

No tracking # yet, but Im in Louisville, Ky where UPS is! Maybe I'll get mine first, haha...

I am in Louisville on a job and pre-ordered mine from the Best Buy Mobile @ St. Matthews got a helluva deal on it so hears to hoping I can get mine soon tooo

Highlighted
Journeyman

tallyho77 wrote:

Yes that is correct they don't work on the week-ends.  We will not received any notice before Monday if any, I pray that this all come to past and that we all recieve our beloved phones. One thing for sure on the positive note is that out of something done with all the worst intentsion Apple have made the Evolte more desirable.. I for one will welcome my phone with open arms whenever it comes MAYBE THIS WEEK!!!

I know 5 people who ditched their iPhones for Androids because of this crap move by Apple ... x3 S2's, x1 Galaxy Note, and one still has his iPhone but will get an EVO 4GLTE when he can. Their reasoning is that Apple turned into what they (Apple) hated most ... Microsoft

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat