cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Yeah but it shows that the evo 4g lte could be cleared through customs in a day or so

Highlighted
Journeyman

I believe they are on their way to the distribution center ups already should have them. It's just a matter of sorting them to the buyers again that's my belief and my hopes I try and stay positive.  I can't wait for my baby to come home baby Evolte.

Highlighted
Journeyman

tallyho77 wrote:

I believe they are on their way to the distribution center ups already should have them. It's just a matter of sorting them to the buyers again that's my belief and my hopes I try and stay positive.  I can't wait for my baby to come home baby Evolte.

They were in a UPS warehouse (distribution center) in KY the entire time, that's where the customs hold up is...  There is no sorting them either, they are "packed and picked" which means that once they are released they are ready for delivery.  They already have shipping information on them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is my understanding as well...  If they really did clear the LTEvo through customs, we should all be getting shipping notifications soon.  In fact, it should be today.  I am hopeful that I will receive a scheduled delivery notification from UPS My Way any time now.

dwilliams8880 wrote:

They were in a UPS warehouse (distribution center) in KY the entire time, that's where the customs hold up is...  There is no sorting them either, they are "packed and picked" which means that once they are released they are ready for delivery.  They already have shipping information on them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you have UPS My Way Premium?  I am new to UPS My Way and did not know if I would receive a notification with the standard sign up or if I need to upgrade.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just have the regular (free) service.  It includes day before and day of delivery notifications.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Doctechx wrote:

That would be completely out of line with the official Sprint position, which is to provide no information about when the phone will ship.  I'm not saying your lying, but it sounds like that rep didn't have a clue.  If I were you, I would not rely on that info.

01SSbeast wrote:

I just got off the phone with a Sprint representative and they told me it won't be till about 2 weeks till we start receiving the phone.

I tend to agree with Doc here.....I was on the phone with Sprint this weekend on a totally unrelated issue, and jokingly asked "When will customs release my EVO 4G LTE?". To which the Sprint Rep replied, "Why whats Customs doing?". I had to explain the whole ITC block thing and the rep had no idea they were even being held in customs. The Sprint Rep had no idea what was going on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I spoke with a rep this morning who told me that no one had even been able to pre-order the EVO 4G LTE because it was still unreleased. Pre-order 'should start in a few weeks'.  Gotta love it!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think they must just be pulling random people in off the street to answer phones.  You can't get any info from them anyway, so what difference does it make?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm glad I did not pre-order. I knew something was up. I have been a customer since 2001.

Highlighted
Wizard

I'll make sure all official communication is included in my original post in this thread.  And yes, I'm trying to be lenient as I know folks are frustrated:).  This is on the top of my watch list and I'll be sure to provide updates as they become available. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Shares in HTC tumbled more than 6 percent after it said shipments of the phones were being held up by U.S. customs officials.

Apple scored a narrow victory against HTC in a patent lawsuit in December over technology in the smartphones, one of many such disputes in the fiercely competitive smartphone market.

HTC said in a statement on Wednesday that "the U.S. availability of the HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC (International Trade Commission) exclusion order".

The two models are the first devices to be delayed since that ruling, which said that HTC phones with the disputed technology would be banned from entering the U.S. from April 19. HTC has said that it has a workaround in its new phones to avoid the technology, but the shipments still require inspection.

HTC said it was keeping its second quarter revenue guidance unchanged at TW$105 billion ($3.56 billion).

Thanks Apple [..]

Message was edited by: mapesy who removed vulgar language, which is against Community Guidelines.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat