Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

OH I'M SO HAPPY. (:

Journeyman

Happy dance! Woo hoo!!!!

Master

Yeah, gotta love this headline.

**UPDATE** JUST GOT NOTICE THAT THEY FINISHED AS OF A FEW MINUTES AGO, AND DEVICES ARE NOW SHIPPING. NEW POST COMING WITH DETAILS.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Sprint should hire his guy as head of PR Their rep would change overnight

Journeyman

YES!

They did this to me, too, even though I have auto-pay. The CS rep took a long time to find out what happened and the upshot is that I needed to make another manual payment for the bill amount otherwise they wouldn't ship the phone because I didn't have enough of a credit.

Seems ridiculous that they could take money specifically for a pre-order and the system would just apply it to any debit that came along.

I did make the payment and the CSR confirmed that it was recieved/credited so crisis (hopefully) averted.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY NEW PHONE!

Journeyman

...Meanwhile, at some wharehouse, employees are sliding boxes of Evos down ramps to the rythmic "beep"ing of the shipping lables getting scanned in, while others are carefully placing them into trucks, crates, and airplanes to begin their exodus from jail. Still going to be patiently waiting for someone to scan my barcode initiating a happy little email that says my new toy phone device bundle of awesomeness is on it's way.

crApple looses again. I'm going to have to try out the accessibility features of ICS, hopefully I'll be able to woo my girlfriend away from the clutches of Apple, beholden only to their one-up-manship on Accessibility.

Journeyman

I skimmed through to see if it had been posted yet, but I'm pretty frelling sick right now, so bear with me, but check your order status, it's official.

Thank you for pre-ordering the EVO 4G LTE. We will do our best to get it to you by Thursday, May 24. You will receive a shipping confirmation email with tracking number the moment your new phone ships. We apologize but we cannot support any further cancel requests at this time as our warehouse is processing orders. However, you may refuse shipment or call to request a return kit once you receive shipment.

This is what mine reads as of a few minutes ago.

Journeyman

I have done some research on the patent infringement issues with HTC and have found out that, that Apple won two patent infringement claims against HTC after an appeal in January.  One is for data tapping which allows you to access data from web pages and apply them to apps (ex. Phone numbers to the dialer.) This is not the major problem, this is the one that HTC said the fixed already. The problem is patent 263 which has do with core system of the android system and not so easily fixed and will not only effect the two phones held at customs but all android smartphones. This patent has do with how the phone processes information, and if this patent infringement technogoly is found on the two handset in customs we may never get them. I don't won't get into details of patent 263, you should google "patent 263" like I did to get more info. I noticed that no one is really talking about it, they keep mentioning the data tapping patent which is a simple fix, I hope that means that HTC has already addressed this issue as well.

Message was edited by: BladeGoddess
Also I might add that these infringement claims are brought into effect mostly due to the fact Andy Rubin creator the android system, was working for Apple when the infringed on patents (patent 263) were invented.

Journeyman

It seems as if they would had to seeing as customs has cleared the phones.

Journeyman

Do you think if I ordered my phone today or tomorrow that mines would be shipped along with the people who pre-ordered? I been wanting to pre-order but I did not have the funds to actually do it until now.

Journeyman

I don't believe they are accepting preordering anymore

Journeyman

When will it be open to the publiccccccccccccccccccccccc ):

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat