cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Sprint has made an offiical announcement in Sprint News.  See the post here.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the day...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update below. 

5/18 Update:

• Cancellation procedure update

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

670 REPLIES 670
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ivyy__League said "Okay, I cant stand Sprint is giving us the silent treatment here..and I definently wont wait until August or September for a phone I Pre ordered and people in other companies have, in addition Best Buy too?!? If i hadnt gone to the store and gotten this $50 gift card I would just go through Best Buy. Although, if it takes another 2 weeks just to hear a peep about a launch date or anything, im gonna do it anyway. I feel like we've all been waiting long enough honestly..im trying to be patient but I cant last much longer."

Lol. Are you kidding? The phones have been released from customs. I'm sure Sprint will make an announcement VERY soon. I'm guessing they will announce it on Monday that they will have a re-launching for Tuesday or wednesday. Just a guess but that seems about right to me. August or September? That's just crazy talk.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know what you are talking about next Friday the phone is out?I received mine yesterday and as for problems not a one from activating to installing programs.It is all that and a bag of chips I'm very happy.If you did not pre order ok you may have to wait or some 3rd level stores may have problems that's why I don't deal with them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm with you. I've had mine and wife has hers for 2 days. No saturation, no wifi problems, no cellular signal problems... It's a beast! I love it! Wife just went to store and used Google Wallet... Now she the talk of the store... Lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

@ "Timbx" No they didnt, but its comforting to hear that you received yours yesterday! Maybe I'll get mine in day or so

And @ "webos4life"  No..I'm not kidding. And I didnt just make up August or September, someone said they were guessing thats when we would get the phone. Wasnt my idea if you look back at previous posts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't understand why the store did not have it by today that sucks sorry.I can guarantee you will have it before Sep etc.forget that mess.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I believe that the national launch date should be around Tuesday. I spoke to a Wirefly representative and he said that they would not ship the phones until the National Launch Date. He said to check back Tuesday. Hopefully it will get here soon!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The only reason I don't mind waiting a little longer is because I have almost 3 weeks left to do a contract buy out for a early upgrade. Otherwise if I could buy out now I would be gone. I like sprint there sevice is ok. Aside from not telling me about a activation fee for a defective Galaxy Nexus I returned and  aside from not getting a 3g signal at one car dealer I work at in Houston only the 4G on my 3d works. I do have a wifi setup from another carrier through work which I used to keep my Nexus connected so will probably use it for the evo lte as wellr. Hopefully Sprint will fix this with their new  4GLTE setup. Otherwise that RAZR Maxx is looking good after a 4.0 android upgrade comes out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You do know 4g does not work with the Evo LTE right only 3g Houston is getting LTE first right ?Why get the RAZR when the 4g will be gone when LTE is turned on and you will stuck with 3g get the EVO dude.LOL

Highlighted
Journeyman

the whole htc 4g lte mess sounds annoying.  i hope that everyone who's waiting for their phone gets it soon.  still don't understand all the hype for a second place phone.  again...samsung galaxy s3 is number one. i hope everyone pulls for americans to get gold in london this year and not silver. ding a ling out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nice touch...very nice.   ;).  Enjoy your Samsung bro. It's going to be awesome.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just checking back to see what the status is so I guess the Evo will be available tuesday ok I can wait I just need to stay checking the forums cause you guys are my only help cause Sprint won't tell me the launch date until it the launch day.

Kinda like telling me it Fourth of July on July 4th instead of telling me 7 days in advance they gonna annoucne on the day of the event

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you pre ordered or going to BB , Radio Shack?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat