cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Sprint has made an offiical announcement in Sprint News.  See the post here.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the day...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update below. 

5/18 Update:

• Cancellation procedure update

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

670 REPLIES 670
Highlighted
Journeyman

I went from an OG EVO to an S2. Sense is miles better then TouchWiz. I can't wait to go back to Sense when I get my EVO LTE.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm going from the first Sense ever to be on a phone to the Newest Sense I can't wait to see what the differences between them

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just wanted to say to Sprint, if anyone from there is still reading this ridiculously long thread, that I appreciate the case you sent me!  What a wonderful surprise that was to get the day after my Evo 4G LTE arrived!  I wasn't upset about having to wait a week for my phone, just as long as I got it before the official launch.  Your goodwill gesture went a long way, though.

BTW, I am loving my phone and the improvements to the HTC Sense UI and to the Android OS that came with 4.0.  It did take a while to get used to the loss of the Menu button, though.  The most important improvement to me was changing the mute button while I am on a call, as I was constantly muting people with my cheek, lol.  The ability to take pretty decent pictures in a dark bar, with and without the flash, has my friends jealous.  The new springloaded kickstand is great, the display is sharp and bright, the processing is way faster than my original Evo, the GPS works quicker, and I'm pleased with the sound quality while I'm on a call.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just want to know when the phone will be available in stores. I have a galaxy nexus and my 14 day runs out very soon and I cannot get stuck with this phone...

Highlighted
Journeyman

5ph1nx wrote:

I just want to know when the phone will be available in stores. I have a galaxy nexus and my 14 day runs out very soon and I cannot get stuck with this phone...

Buy a cheap old flip phone for like $10 bucks off craigslist.  Switch your line to that phone so you can take back the Nexus.  Then when the Evo comes in you can go get it activated under your line

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im worried more about losing my upgrade and the phone I traded in towards the galaxy. With the upgrade and selling my evo shift I was able to get a good price on the galaxy and I would like that to apply to the evo. I do however have a cheapo phone I could use but again the loss of my upgrade and phone sell back would not be good.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you got the phone less than 14 days ago you can return it and they will re-instate your upgrade eligibility.  You will be charged a $35 restock fee though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well then I may just do that. Between the phone being literally useless in 2/3 of my most important places and the ghosting of the screen/grainy quality I cant take it anymore. I wonder what they do about the phone I sold back and I wonder if they could credit me. Eitherway Im hoping that the retail stores start getting the LTE as I really dont want to have to go in there twice.

Highlighted
Journeyman

alk1122 wrote:

If you got the phone less than 14 days ago you can return it and they will re-instate your upgrade eligibility.  You will be charged a $35 restock fee though.

Is it $35 or 30%? I remember when I got my EVO 4G a couple years back...thinking that a 30% restocking is a pretty good deterent to having people return phones on a whim. They'd battle with folks taking brand new phones, playing with them for two weeks and returniing them saying "Naw...I don't like this. Let's try that shiny phone over there".

LATE EDIT:

Exchange it for a different one.

So you just purchased a brand new Sprint device and it's not quite what you expected. Too big. Too small. Not quite the right color red.

No sweat. You've got options. As long as you're within the first 14 days of activating your new device or owning your new accessory, the Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee lets you exchange your device or accessory for a different one.

Just bring it back to the original point of purchase or call us and we'll help you find a device or accessory that better meets your needs. In most exchange situations, a $35 restocking fee will be charged.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now all I need to know is when is the National Launch Date cause i know the only problem was the review from custom not that it is finished they shouldn't push the launch date any further

Highlighted
Journeyman

Fyi, the $35 restocking fee only applies to exchanges, not returns. So the best thing to do would be to return it and be sure they reinstate your upgrade right there because they can. I only know because I did the same with the Galaxy Nexus.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat