cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Well...I was told by one store that they'd have phones by Friday (June 1st), saw some random mentions on the webs about Friday (June 1st) and made multiple posts as replies that the word on the street is Friday (June 1st). So why am I so upset that it's Wednesday...and there's no word about when we'll see the phones??? 

Journeyman

I wouldnt gamble my 14 day return window on that.  And its 13 days.  Not 14

Journeyman

They are probably waiting to announce a l/d for when all the stores have the phones in stock and can actually sell them. They already fumbled when they announced it prematurely, I don't think they are wanting to make the same mistake twice.

Journeyman

Interesting.......I think the official launch is coming soon

http://htcpedia.com/news/HTC-EVO-4G-LTE-HTC-One-X-Get-The-Green-Light-From-Customs.html

Journeyman

@mrmuffinman. FYI, Sprint didn't fumble a premature announcement. They had no idea the ITC was going to freeze shipping/import. Everyone would have a phone by now if the ITC didn't do that. Anyway, I'm looking for an announcement today from Sprint saying the official "relaunch" will be on Friday.  Two week delay seems like a pretty solid answer.

Journeyman

HTC and Sprint were both aware of the ITC since March.  When one of the most powerful companies in the technological world threatens you with a legal battle, you should have been prepared to deal with it.

Journeyman

mrmuffinman wrote:

HTC and Sprint were both aware of the ITC since March.  When one of the most powerful companies in the technological world threatens you with a legal battle, you should have been prepared to deal with it.

I agree with this.  Its difficult to believe that Sprint and HTC was "blind sided" about the issue and possible lawsuit and hold in shipment.  They knew about this months ago and took a gamble.

Journeyman

@alk1122.Im not gambling my 14 day satisfaction. Im at 14 days on the 3rd and by saturday morning I will no longer have this phone whether it be an older evo or an evo lte. Hopefully the latter, but eitherway Im not getting stuck with a lemon...

Journeyman

Soo glad i got mine last week!! Already looking into any development news on the phone!!

Journeyman

@mrmuffinman. When making claims like that, the whole knowing since March thing, you've going to have to back up your claim with a link. If you don't have a credible source, then you have no right to make such bold remarks. The HTC ONE was released May 6th and mad it into the U.S. and into customer's hands. This ITC hold definitely happened in the last few weeks.

Journeyman

Journeyman

@mrmuffinman The import ban only applied to infringing devices. The new Evo LTE and One X aren't infringing. Do you think the ITC calls companies up a few weeks ahead of time and says "oh yeah that shipment you're planning on sending? We're not going to let it through."

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat