cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Master

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

I got the same impression myself from the various articles. It seems that the phones had been there for quite some time and they finally got around to looking at them just recently.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

This is the impression I got as well.  I think the phones were there for awhile and HTC and Sprint new this.  They just gambled that the phone would be released in time.  Its all speculation as Sprint hasnt really said anything about it.  But I seriously doubt they were "blind sided" over this and atleast the people at the top of Sprint new about this possibility.  I doubt the employees knew.  Just the fat cats

Journeyman

Whatever the case, this whole situation was poorly handled by all the parties involved. The ITC being the main offender. I bet they could have reviewed the phones within a day and cleared them for acceptance.  I'm guessing pressure from Apple had something to do with them taking so long to release the phones. Anyway, I'm glad I got the phone on the 24th in the first shipments.

Journeyman

Haha me too!! I'm becoming addicted to this mobile drama!!!

Journeyman

Can't disagree with any of that.

webos4life wrote:

Whatever the case, this whole situation was poorly handled by all the parties involved. The ITC being the main offender. I bet they could have reviewed the phones within a day and cleared them for acceptance.  I'm guessing pressure from Apple had something to do with them taking so long to release the phones. Anyway, I'm glad I got the phone on the 24th in the first shipments.

Journeyman

Me too. Lol

Journeyman

Ok, I'm not trying to cause any problem, and I know my situation isn't very important when all this stuff with the EVO is going on, but I really want the EVO LTE and my 2 year contract is up for renewal tomorrow.  Here's the thing, my phone broke about 2 weeks ago and I have been waiting for the EVO to come out.  I haven't been able to make a phone call in two weeks.  I am wondering for a guy like me in my situation how long will it might be before I will be able to get a phone?  I don't want to settle for less then the EVO as I own an EVO now and really love the LTE and I'm hoping to see if I can get a straight answer from someone or to see if I can get one reserved or something.  I would just like to know when I will be able to make a call again.  Thank you! so much for your time.

Journeyman

Very disappointed in Sprint right now....not enough to forgo the true unlimited data and the MOSTLY good customer service.  They have been cause up in the Apple arrogance....but they have handled this poorly...as has Best Buy.  The Sprint Stores know nothing, Best Buy can't release pre orders that were cancelled it's just a disaster and to make matters worse the whole information flow has been so poor that I am having flashbacks to the Sprint that I cancelled about 7 years ago.  I didn't come back to them for five years.

I don't blame Sprint for what happened, I do blame them for the aftermath.  When all the reports say that the inventory has been released by customer...you get the word out ASAP as to when we can expect to get the phone. 

I cancelled my "preorder" with BestBuy today because they couldn't tell me anything....even though on May 26th when I ordered and through the order process they told me I would receive the phone by May 29th...this was after the customer mess had already started.  Then a day later I got the back ordered email with no additional information.   I called many stores today...many who had stock but couldn't release it unless I had pre ordered during the first preorder.  I will say this....it has me considering the One X.

Journeyman

I've got an order in with Best Buy and a so called "pre-order" with the Sprint store. I'm thinking that Verizon's gonna come through first... 

Journeyman

@evanstjames. It might be a couple weeks before you can get an EVO LTE. Since your phone doesn't work I would just buy a phone off craigslist for $20.  Then when more EVOs become available, upgrade. PM me if you have any more questions. 

Journeyman

I feel your pain. I have't made a phone call for over a month and a half! I've been glues to the internet for news on when the phone willbe released. I've also been calling every day. Just hang in there :/

Journeyman

They're supposed to start selling the phones this week. So don't upgrade to a crappy phone when the HTC Evo 4G LTE is so near. It's going to be awesome.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat