Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Sprint has made an offiical announcement in Sprint News.  See the post here.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the day...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update below. 

5/18 Update:

• Cancellation procedure update

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

670 REPLIES 670
Highlighted
Journeyman

WOOT!  Just got a shipment notice with estimated delivery date of Saturday!  Thanks Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

@dwilliams8880 sprint had no control over the phones being delayed. i agree. They did have control over how they handled it.

this is very simple. i contracted with sprint to provide a product. they failed to live up to their end of it. i can't get mad at htc, or apple because i didn't have an agreement with them.

Sprint knew back in april this could be a problem and still went ahead with preorders, and promised shipping dates and alluded to them being in the warehouse and opening stores early. This made folks believe there was no problem. This made folks trust sprint that everything was fine.

What it was is irresponsible. what it feels like is theft.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Who did you order from??

Highlighted
Journeyman

@phillij12 screenshot?

Highlighted
Journeyman

snick8467 wrote:

@phillij12 screenshot?

Srsly... pics or it didn't happen.  Or it just plain didn't happen.  Funny though, I was thinking that I bet someone will do that to start an uproar, JUST before I saw the post.

Highlighted
Journeyman

snick8467 wrote:

@dwilliams8880 sprint had no control over the phones being delayed. i agree. They did have control over how they handled it.

this is very simple. i contracted with sprint to provide a product. they failed to live up to their end of it. i can't get mad at htc, or apple because i didn't have an agreement with them.

Sprint knew back in april this could be a problem and still went ahead with preorders, and promised shipping dates and alluded to them being in the warehouse and opening stores early. This made folks believe there was no problem. This made folks trust sprint that everything was fine.

What it was is irresponsible. what it feels like is theft.

They knew as far back as December...The blame falls wholly on Sprint and HTC

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/05/apple-itc-win-leads-to-htc-one-x-evo-4g-lte-import-holdup/

Highlighted
Journeyman

This...  Pics.  Does UPS deliver on Saturday?

PChase308 wrote:

snick8467 wrote:

@phillij12 screenshot?

Srsly... pics or it didn't happen.  Or it just plain didn't happen.  Funny though, I was thinking that I bet someone will do that to start an uproar, JUST before I saw the post.

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/op-will-surely-deliver-lets-just-wait-240x180.jpg

Doctechx wrote:

This...  Pics.  Does UPS deliver on Saturday?

PChase308 wrote:

snick8467 wrote:

@phillij12 screenshot?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not gonna wait that long.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

they only deliver on saturday if its marked to be. if this is the case its to rush it to customers so they dont cancel on them...which could also answer why so many had issues trying to cancel their pre-orders.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

So if that one guy is right, and preorders get sent out saturday, when will they be released to the public? May 23rd?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat