Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO™ 4G LTE - Sprint Announcement

Sprint has made an offiical announcement in Sprint News.  See the post here.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the day...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update below. 

5/18 Update:

• Cancellation procedure update

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

670 REPLIES 670
Highlighted
Journeyman

Are they really allowing cancellations now or will it be a waste of my time to call Sprint?  I just wanted a refund so I can get a Nexus instead.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agree 100%.  When I pre ordered my phone there was not a commitment of a ship date.  I bought it on faith that it would be here "soon".  May 18, May 23, June 6, ..... who cares .... as long as I get the phone at my door before a person gets it at the store I will be happy.  The phone should be well worth the wait.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SA_Viper43,

Yes they should.  They will not let me return the phone until I receive it.  I paid over $200 they have taken off my credit card and if I order from best buy I will have to pay another $150.  I guess you don't understand the concept of paying interest on a credit card.  Do you work for sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The email you requested showed up at 6:20pm 5/17.  A little late, right?

Highlighted
Journeyman

tfp15 wrote:

SA_Viper43,

Yes they should.  They will not let me return the phone until I receive it.  I paid over $200 they have taken off my credit card and if I order from best buy I will have to pay another $150.  I guess you don't understand the concept of paying interest on a credit card.  Do you work for sprint?

Really you put a phone on a credit card?

Anyways, They won't let you get a refund without the phone because the phone WILL ship to you wether or not you get a refund or not. It is in a warehouse with a shipping label made out for you, postage paid. I highly doubt that MOST of you on here whimpering would get the phone and just ship it back to them when you did get it if they gave you the refund now. You would keep the phone and your $$ (well in your case you would keep the $20 you were going to send your credit card every month).

Sorry just tired of the crying. They should have sent emails earlier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes, the should definitely waive the upgrade fee

Highlighted
Journeyman

SA_Viper43, 

Are you a total retard?  How else would I pay for a phone purchased online?  Yes I used my credit card to buy a phone online.  I will pay it off in full when I get the bill so don't try to make it look like I don't have the money to pay for it because I guarantee I have more than you.  You are probably a customer service idiot that works for Sprint.  I paid in full for an item that who knows when I will recieve and I can't get my money back until I get the phone.  Yes that is a problem to me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@ around 3pm today I called for the 2nd time (since yesterday) and complained about Sprint's lack of communication, consideration, and concern for their customers. (like many of you, I've been with sprint nearly 10 yrs). 1st I was offered a credit of $15 which to me is an insult. I am a tad bit irritated that I pre-ordered on 5/7 only to learn that amazon and others were offering the phone for $150. Initially that was an irritation, but combine that, with sprint keeping us in the dark about this delay and I was on fire. So I told him that was not enough compensation for the inconvenience and flat out deception I feel from sprint. I requested that my upgrade/activation fee be waived. 1st he told me he couldn't do it, I asked to speak to someone who could. I wasn't rude, but I was firm and tried to be clear about my disatisfaction. He put me on hold and later came back and said his supervisor has given him permission to note my account that my account should be credited the amount of the activation fee once the phone has arrived. More than likely I will have to follow up and reference this call (it'd be giving sprint too much credit to assume they would credit me on their own). I made sure to get a reference number from the specific call and the reps name (made up i'm sure). This isn't much, but i feel a tiny bit better getting something.

trying to be patient....but i get more and more tired of my og evo everytime i look at it knowing i was supposed to have the evo 4g lte in my hands today/tomorrow!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here's all I want, right now:

1. An OFFICIAL update. From either Sprint or HTC.

2. A firm, or even "goal" release date for this phone.

I feel like we are entitled to at least that. This time tomorrow, most of us would have been playing with this phone. Now, we have no real idea when we'll actually touch it.

----

Off topic, I played with a Target Mobile dummy EVO LTE today. It feels nice in my hands. Perfect size and weight. Made me that much more excited...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow this thread is starting to get nasty.  Careful, we don't want the mods to close another thread.  I have the same question as was posed above.  I called Sprint 3 times yesterday trying to cancel because sources including Sprint mods kept claiming that Sprint was granting cancellations.  Now the mod has updated this thread as of 17:40 EST to reflect that Sprint is now granting cancellations.  Can anyone confirm this?   I would prefer not to waste my time again.  Honestly, even though I think this is the right thing for Sprint to do, I think it is a bad sign for people that think they will be getting the phone soon.  If the phones were really going to start shipping tonight/tomorrow, I don't think Sprint would have changed this policy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

tfp15 wrote:

SA_Viper43, 

Are you a total ******?  How else would I pay for a phone purchased online?  Yes I used my credit card to buy a phone online.  I will pay it off in full when I get the bill so don't try to make it look like I don't have the money to pay for it because I guarantee I have more than you.  You are probably a customer service idiot that works for Sprint.  I paid in full for an item that who knows when I will recieve and I can't get my money back until I get the phone.  Yes that is a problem to me.

so wait if you pay for it in full before the grace period then how do you pay interest? And I bought it online and used a debit card...No I am not a lowly CSR. I am a Software Engineer that has worked for AT&T in the past, but only on the lightspeed/U-Verse OMS Application, never yet worked for sprint although Amdocs did have that account as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My question is what is Sprint going to do for those of us that are still "WANTING" this phone after all of this? First I was a loyal customer and "Pre-ORDERED" my phone within the hour of preordering started and paid the $199 they were asking for. Then to find out that BestBuy and others had the phone for sale for $199, with a $50 gift card, making the phone for $149. Talked to a Sprint Rep about this and he said that the people that "PRE-ORDERED" their phones would end up getting a rebate to make up the saving's. Then days later talked to another Rep asking how I would be able to get this "Saving's" and found out that they will not do that because "Sprint has no control over what other company's sale their phones for". Which I was fine with. Then sign on today to figure out who was going to be handling my shippment and saw that the phone is delayed? What the heck? So again I ask, What is SPRINT going to do for THEIR customers that are still WANTING this phone? I understand that it is not Sprint's fault for the delay, but Sprint has made a promise to customers in email such as this one;

Thanks again for pre-ordering the new HTC EVO™ 4G LTE from Sprint.

This revolutionary smartphone is available to the public on Friday, May 18. So we'll do our absolute best to make sure you get yours first. Soon, you'll have unlimited access to all the things you love, only from Sprint.

We're processing your order now so look for your shipping confirmation email informing you of the specific carrier used for delivery, as well as the tracking number on the day that your phone ships

So SPRINT I have a few ideas that will make me happy and maybe even MORE of your customers. I see it like this, you (SPRINT) can either, one send us our phones with a rebate like I was told by a Rep, or two, offer the customers a case like the OtterBox Defender. This is just ideas to continue to make your customers happy and still want to be your customers. After all you guys did in fact promised us a phone by May 18th.

I totally agree with this

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat