cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - Suddenly No Voice Service

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G LTE - Suddenly No Voice Service

I l ive in Denver, CO. I wont even begin to go into my rant about how my wife bought this phone for me eight months ago, and I've never seen a drop of 4G or LTE service. The customer service technician I spoke to on the phone last night actually admitted on the record that we "upgraded" into a much slower phone from our older 4G.

My biggest problem now is that voice service has suddenly stopped. I can still surf the internet, chat via gchat, etc., but absolutely NO voice service signal (no bars), no ability to make or receive calls, and no ability to send or receive texts. Even the technicians at Sprint were stumped. I'm a lawyer and rely on my phone to maintain contact with clients, which I cannot do at the moment. I dont want this phone to be replaced with another HTC EVO 4G LTE as I no longer trust this ridiculous phone. If it has app problems, freezes, fine -- but at least serve the purpose that a phone is supposed to in the first place.

Any ideas or experiences with this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - Suddenly No Voice Service

I know this wont come as a surprise to most, but after spending valuable time on the phone and in the store, Sprint's best offer is that they will replace my phone with another used one. I would gladly take a downgrade so that  can get back on the 4G network. I would even take a downgrade to a dumb-phone at this point so that I can actually get phone and texting service again.

Sprint is losing a home and business customer of over 10 years for poor customer service repsonse, lack of knowledge about the products they sell, and employee lies about promised LTE coverage in a market that wont receive it until after my contract is up.

Journeyman

Ever since I had bought my son, my daughter, and myself a Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE none of them have worked properly when they do work!   BTW, My youngest daughter has the Samsung Galaxy 4G and it works PERFECT!!!!

At this very second mine is back at the corporate store for the billionth time within a year and a half, the last time was New Years Eve!  Now two weeks later same thing, cannot receive calls, nor text messages, cannot even be on the phone and check messages when they do come in.......can't even get a single voice mail message until a week or so later!

I believe Sprint knew about the faults of this phone but, put it out there anyway! I was told by Sprint employees that this phone was the best! (Must have been more of a commission that week for the salesperson to get rid of them) Sprint tells me how sorry they are for the inconveniences so, they will let me opt out of my contract, send me a rebuilt USED phone OR buy another phone and put it on payments!??????? I have three HTC EVO 4G LTE'S and I will NOT let them get off so easy!!!! I want a phone that is NEW and WORKING like I've been paying for, and have paid for! Sprint will not even try to resolve anything and this piece of garbage keeps crashing since I bought it, sprint blamed it on the update that will come soon, it did and made it worse! any update makes it worse then the one before!!!

No wonder Sprint is in the top 5 worst companies of all times!!! Instead of taking polls on customer satisfaction, they should resolve the problems first!!!

Definitely a totally dissatisfied consumer!

Master

pammiewammiexo, 

Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear of the issues you have had the HTC EVO 4G LTE devices.  It actually is a pretty good device.  We do want to take a look at what other options we might have available for you.  Please send us a private message with your name, account number, phone number and pin/security answer so we can review your account. We do want to be a satisfied customer and look forward to working with you. 

Thank you, 

Anthony 

Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat