cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE TSS, Text To Speech APPS

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G LTE TSS, Text To Speech APPS

What say you folks?  Anything great out there that does the following; Can anyone tell me if you know of any TTS, Text To Speech Apps?  I see plenty of Speech To Text, but I need TTS, Text To Speech.  I would like the ability to hear my text messages again on my bluetooth, and hear who the incoming call is.  Thanks again folks, again, TTS, Text To Speech, the ability to hear incoming messages on bluetooth as they come in, as well as hear who the incoming caller is.  I had it on previous phones and sure would like it on my new HTC 4G LTE!!!  It sure is nice....  BTW, BTmono, and Vlingo do NOT do what I was looking for.  Good try though...

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE TSS, Text To Speech APPS

One last thing, NOT STT, Speech To Text.

GrandMaster

i actually use vlingo..so im a bit lost on what exactly it is youre wanting it to do. oh as for vlingo it has to be in safe reader mode to read your texts. if you also want to reply to them it has to be in car mode with safe reader on.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

You use vlingo on LTE, text to speech on headset?  Not car related.

GrandMaster

i have yet to use it on the EVO LTE. and the car mode automatically puts the phone in safe reader mode..which then announces texts and incoming calls. does it not work with the new EVO LTE? as long as its in safe reader mode it should read back all incoming texts.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Nope, does not TTS over headset.

Journeyman

However, I sure wish it did...  It is just hard to believe that there is not something readily available for the HTC LTE that has been available on the Lotus, Razr, and LG Elite for years as a mfg. included item.  HTC LTE the latest and greatest on the the Sprint network is awesome though.

GrandMaster

thats odd. im still running the OEVO and it was working just fine with my bluetooth. wonder what changed between the old phone and this new one

Master

I thought you were going down to get the new phone? What happened?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

after seeing so many hit and miss issues between the 3G data reception, voice and wifi im holding off for a bit longer..the ex wife  is in town and im for SURE making sure i can receive her calls and texts without any issues. she'll be heading out thursday back to ny with my son for the summer..id rather not risk it just yet lol.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat