cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - available on Saturday, June 2

Wizard

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - available on Saturday, June 2

I have to agree with weddoes33 on this...it's hard to get the communications out to everyone and ensure they all read itSmiley Sad

vichoff68 - I'm following up with the store manager and may need your contact info (via private message, of course!) for him to contact you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I ordered on 5/7 from Wirefly.  Was never given an update from them (can't really blame them, though).  Cancelled my order last Friday, May 25th and called around town to see who had received extra/non-claimed pre-orders of EVO LTEs.  To my surprise, Best Buy Mobile at my local mall had two unclaimed phones.  I rushed there, they put in a pre-order for me, and 30 minutes later i was walking out with my new phone.  This whole process is frustrating, but trust me, the phone is amazing.  Now, if Sprint would only roll out LTE in Seattle before the end of the year. <crosses fingers>

Master

Figure in the next day or so the stores will all know. My guess is they don't read the Hot Sheets, or whatever they are called until the morning. The stores probably haven't received the notice yet so none of their employees know about it.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Wizard

I was told at 11:35AM today that the announcement was going out at noon.  If I wasn't in one of the communication channels (or if I didn't watch my email like a hawk), I may not have been able to share the good news when I did.  I'm guessing it will probably be tomorrow before all retail channels are current on the device's status.

Master

Pretty much what I thought. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Yes I'm happy well since my Birthday is July 2nd I'm gonna wait so I can treat myself to a customize Evo that I like preferred White EVO 4G LTE or a Black and Red Evo LTE then I'll gift wrap it for myself on my birthday I want this phone to be a treat for my birthday I been waiting patiently with my HTC Hero and my upgrade been up since 10-01-11 but I decided to wait as long as I can to get what I want my dream device   I would even wait to July 31st but that my deadline though I won't wait longer then that

Journeyman

big jay:  You have confirmed for me that Sprint needs to send everyone back to training with dshoem01 on customer service.  Your response has a better tone to it and I do appreciate you acknowleding the gentleman I dealt with was a jerk.  But some things to note:

You stated " I'm a manager of a retail store. I don't get to the minute emails about everything going on, nor could I. Its a waste and is impossible to do so efficiently (with regard to the rest of what Sprint has to do)."  You basically got defensive about how tough your job is and told me that my idea for Spring was a waste of time.  A waste of time to expect the store manager to check their emails or text message for announcements from Sprint or at LEAST train them to have their employees do this when a customer inquires about something they discovered on Sprint's site.  Even if it was a waste of time....when the customer is standing in front of you or on the phone and you still won't check to see about the announcement that is just poor service at best.

You then continued to give me a backhanded smack down with this statement:  "The HTC EVO 4G LTE is not the sole purpose for the company and though I agree that it could have been handled better, no one has died from not having this phone"  You minimized my concerns to "no one has died...."  really.  The HTC EVO 4G LTE is not the sole purpose for the company......no but I bet keeping customers is, I bet making customers feel like this IS the phone they want is, I would imaging that when you promote it heavily through emails and big advertisements throughout your web site it is, I bet that it is probably the first smart phone that started giving the iPhone a run for it's money when Sprint didn't have an iPhone and it's a pretty big phone follow up for Sprint.

You continued with "If the phone isnt out, all you can do is wait... and when it is, buy it" - one thing you might want to do as a customer though is call up your friendly Sprint store and find out when the phone might be expected out so as to save yourself from driving down to the store everyday and checking......if it's a popular phone you might also even call after the release and see if they even have it.  Also  this wasn't a normal rollout.  This was a situation where there is a bunch of confusion on a Sprint FLAGSHIP phone and we didn't KNOW when it would be out TO buy it.  The answer you give is pretty flip anyway.....but that aside...the point is the phone was out, in some places and in some circumstances so you had to call and try to find out more unless you ended up like me yesterday driving and calling many stores before you sorted out the fact there there was another release date and that Sprint was not allowing stock that stores currently had to be released until the new release date was announced.  My challenges happened after the new release day was announced.

Overall you made a concerted effort to be nice in your email.  You were very defensive and gave many excuses....but you were nice.  You insulted my intelligence....but you were nice. 

Simply this will probably be made OK by dshoem01...at least he escalated my concerns.  But all of this could have been avoided if:

1)  One person at the store had said:  "New announcement?  Hang on let me check on that for you."

2)  See number one.

Journeyman

dshoem01 you are correct.  Communications is difficult....somehow you have managed it effectively.

Journeyman

Well, im ecstatic Thanks for the great news!

Journeyman

vichoff68 wrote:

Overall you made a concerted effort to be nice in your email.  You were very defensive and gave many excuses....but you were nice.  You insulted my intelligence....but you were nice. 

Simply this will probably be made OK by dshoem01...at least he escalated my concerns.  But all of this could have been avoided if:

1)  One person at the store had said:  "New announcement?  Hang on let me check on that for you."

2)  See number one.

Not even like that, no insulting of intelligence. Simply meant to say that I see it from both sides and that all most stores could do was wait like the rest of us. We don't always get real time info, even in the Fortune 500 Corp I work for. They could have done a far better job in communication etc, but save for those who pre-ordered and already shelled out the $200 +, there was no IMMEDIATE need to know ALL details.

As for

"The HTC EVO 4G LTE is not the sole purpose for the company and though I agree that it could have been handled better, no one has died from not having this phone" I'm generally responding to the many who made the delay itself seem like life and death, not specifically to you. You were more frustrated with the lack of cohesiveness from Sprint retail... the others ranting about a delay, threatening to leave Sprint, and complaining about how they should get the world (cases, service, activ. fee, phone itself) for free because of it.

Again, no insults intended. If my intent was to insult intelligence, I wouldn't bother with sounding remotely nice.

PS I don't work for Sprint so there is no defensiveness as I have nothing to defend.

Journeyman

I think it's because of the phone call I madeearlier today to the Local Sprint store. They told me the same thing that they weren't aware of a new release yet, but she did tell me that they were having an early morning meeting (Friday am.) and she thinks that might be what the meeting is about. So surely tomorrow the Local Sprint stores will finally know what everyone else already knows. Sad..

Journeyman

I guess I am confused.  I used to work at Best Buy so was hoping to get the hook up on the phone since I'm sure it will be like the original Evo and be impossible to get but...my buddy said that Saturday is only for preorders.  So is that all locations or is it open to everyone on Saturday?  I can go to an official Sprint store but it sounds like that won't work either.  I just wanted to clearify...  If it's preorders on Saturday only that's find, my bad for not preordering, but if not and I can try to get one let me know so I don't get my hopes up.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat