cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE - available on Saturday, June 2

Wizard

HTC EVO 4G LTE - available on Saturday, June 2

Sprint just released the availability date for this device.  See the official announcement here.

Note that this includes most retail channels (www.sprint.com, 1-800-SPRINT1, and Sprint retail stores).  Other retailers should also have the phone available, but I'd call ahead to make sure they've unpacked their inventory. 

61 REPLIES 61
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - available on Saturday, June 2

Yess!! Can't wait to get mine!  Just wondering how hard it's gonna be to find a Sprint store or location that isn't sold out right away :-(  Never fails...

Journeyman

Thank the cell phone gods...finally!  I expect to have my preordered best buy phone in hand Saturday!

Journeyman

Ok so I called my local store AND 1-800-SPRINT1 and they know nothing about them coming out on Saturday... I have a feeling if i just show up on sat morning they wont have them... it kinda stinks when the company doesnt even know whats going on and the people that follow the forum do... 

Journeyman

god about time, Sprint really botched this one up.

Wizard

dshoem01 wrote:

Sprint just released the availability date for this device.  See the official announcement here.

Note that this includes most retail channels (www.sprint.com, 1-800-SPRINT1, and Sprint retail stores).  Other retailers should also have the phone available, but I'd call ahead to make sure they've unpacked their inventory. 

That link was put up on May 16th and before the customs thingy. I am not so sure it is accurate because if it was every Sprint store you called would be more than willing to reserve one for you and load you up with lots of accessories. Everyone I call claim they do not know.

Journeyman

That was just the original post. It's been getting updated every time there is new information.

I just want to know when Amazon Wireless is getting their pre-orders. If it's not today or tomorrow, I'll just go to a Sprint store and buy one.

Journeyman

Meatman, I noticed that too with the last announcement...maybe they're replying to the thread or something?  But Sprint announced it on twitter as well today, so it's legit.

Journeyman

It might be nice if you told your stores.  I placed a pre-order with a corporate store at Sun Valley Mall #159.  The employee there had to go ask someone else if they were selling our pre-orders to us this Saturday.  She came back to tell me that they have not received any official word yet. 

So what?  You tell us, but not the stores?  Either that or the morons at #159 need to be fired for not being the on the ball.

Wizard

So, they would tell us (on-line) and not the stores? I just spoke to several stores and they were all clueless as to when anymore Evo's would arrive. Sales folks like to sell things and so does Sprint Corp. I can not believe there would be such a disconnect. I hope I am wrong. I remember several phone rollouts and if this is true it's the most bungled release Earth has ever seen!

Journeyman

Just talked to my corp. store and they have no knowledge of the phones being available on this saturday. They were told they would have them on the 7th.

Wizard

I just spoke to a third party Sprint vendor and they (on the second conversation) confirmed that the launch date was June 2nd.

Here is another link with a timestamp of an hour ago

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57444666-94/sprints-htc-evo-4g-lte-launches-june-2/

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat