cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE display is shot....

GrandMaster

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE display is shot....

or at least give the option of doing this to the repair techs...theyre the ones going through the phone to begin with..they can see the issue..log it..warranty replacement via insurance and whalla..done..

the route they do it has always bugged me..im a repair tech for industrial equipment and all warranty work and replacements is on me..i contact whomever get the go ahead off the info i give them..order up whatever is needed and the customer stays happy..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Exactly. Instead, you have to fill out the form, get a copy of your license, etc.. and then fax or upload it to the website. It could have all been done in the store while you were there to begin with.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

My Evo 4G LTE just started showing this exact same thing from time to time. When I can actually see my screen, if I look close, their are usually small random dots everywhere. Looks like video memory corruption or something like that. Usually when I let it rest for a while and turn the screen on, I get the full screen pinkish static just like the pic you posted. Looks like I'll be going to Sprint to see what they can do. Sigh.

Journeyman

You can add another instance of the Static screen appearing.  this happened to me last night.  looks just the pic in the OP. Since this has happened I am getting unusual screen response (jumpy screens, transistions are not smooth) hopefully Sprint reps will read this and get the word out.

FYI.  i did not drop the phone in any way.

Journeyman

Well that didn't last long. Today my screen is now always showing static (see pic). Time to go to Sprint. I just wish it would have lasted long enough for me to pick up the new HTC One whenever that comes out.

evo_4g_lte_static.jpg

Journeyman

Just an update.  I took my phone to the Sprint store.  they ran some test and gave me a new replacement.  the tech said he had seen this happen before, usually the phone had been dropped (mine had not). 

thanks Sprint

Journeyman

Took it to Sprint, they had a tech look at it, and they are now getting me a replacement. They had to order one, so I'm sure it'll be a refurb.

Journeyman

My Evo 4G LTE just did the same thing.  No previous warnings.  On bus this morning, reading e-mail, the screen suddenly went static. 

Journeyman

You can add another one to the list.  Got the same "static" screen on mine today.  My phone has not been dropped either, and has been in a Body Glove case since the day I got the phone.  Right now the techs at my local Sprint store have it - we'll see what they come up with.

Journeyman

Mine just did same thing others have mentioned.  Only thing I can think of is I recently downloaded Bike Race, a relatively mind-numbing game to waste some time.  Screen froze up, then went to the static like others.  Took it to Sprint and they had tech look at it for about 60 seconds before telling me they are going to replace the screen (in store).  Was shocked they are now replacing the Evo LTE screens in store but I picked it up an hour later and all is well...so far. 

Tip for some who maybe are having trouble.  If the screen goes static, I have pushed firmly in the area of the bottom left corner of the phone and had the screen come back up temporarily (an hour or two) before reverting back to static.  I think it is an issue with the connection of the screen to the motherboard possibly?

Reason I think this Bike Race game maybe has something to do with issue is you have to push in on the screen at the bottom left as the gas pedal for your bike.  Who knows.

Journeyman

The same thing happened to me about a month ago had to get a replacement. I'm now on my third EVO LTE (the first one had connection issues) this has to be some sort of hardware issue. I'm seriously considering getting a Samsung phone and going to Verizon after my contract is up, Sprint is taking way too long to get LTE in my area.

Journeyman

Add another one to the list.  I was out last night, pulled my phone out of my pocket, and got the static screen.  The screen is responsive still (I remember where certain things are, like where to swipe to shut off an alarm clock), but I can't see anything but static.  Not dropped recently, not updated recently.  Have tried restarting a few times, but again, nothing but the static screen.  I also had no advance warning of the failure, just all of a sudden.  I have had the phone a little under a year (picked it up the weekend it was released), and wondering if ANYONE has been able to get it fixed, or if it has just been a replacement for everyone.  If replacing with refurbished phone, I think I will just go to the GS4.  Thanks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat