cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE display is shot....

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE display is shot....

Add one more to the list... & the more research that I do.. I find more people having this issue..

Local sprint guy told me he can replace it... however, does anyone know if I can replace it with GS3? cos I don't want to get burned with another HTC phone!!

Journeyman

I took mine to a Sprint Store here in Albuquerque and they replaced just the screen.  Took about 2 hours.  Good Luck.

Journeyman

Just sent mine off to HTC for warranty for this static screen issue too.

Journeyman

My phone mysteriously started showing static too yesterday.  I went to one Sprint Premier store where they just shrugged their shoulders and said they couldn't do anything unless I had TEP, which I don't. I contacted HTC, they created a ticket but they haven't emailed me any details about shipping the phone to them even though it has been hours.  I'm also reading stories about how HTC gives wild cost estimates even if the device is in warranty.  I'll probably go by a Sprint Company Store to see what they have to say.

Journeyman

For a few days, I found putting pressure on the lower left corner of the screen brought it back, but eventually, the screen went completely dead.  I took the phone in to the Sprint store near me to have them check it out.  I don't have TEP or insurance on the phone, so they said it would be $50 to replace the screen, so I left it there for repair.  When I came back later, they said replacing the screen didn't fix the problem, so they gave me a refurbished phone.  Was still $50 for the repair, which I thought was great.

I would suggest you go to another store that does repairs, and see if they can replace the screen for you.  Like I said, without insurance, it was $50 for the repair.

Journeyman

I had a problem with a Sprint Samsung phone earlier, almost exactly a year ago.  That phone was in warranty and Sprint still charged the flat fee ($30 at that time, I think) to replace it with a refurbished phone.  I still find it distasteful that I would have to pay $50 to get a phone fixed that is still under warranty, and also that I had two phones die on me in under a year even though I take very good care of my phones.  Still, if they can replace my phone in 2-3 days even if they charge me $50, I'll be happy.

Journeyman

I got the screen fixed at Sprint Company Store.  They used an old screen from some other phone and hooked it to the rest of my phone.  They charged the usual $50 for it.

Journeyman

Happened to me as well.  acted up for bout two weeks then finally whole screen went static.  putting pressure on the bottom left corner works tho for a bit tho. thanks for the suggestion.

Journeyman

So, Thank you for this post.  My phone just started to act up this way with the screen.  Reading your post about possibly a drop caused the screen to disconnect, I thought that could be a possibility.  I had just dropped my phone 10 minutes before the screen went bad.  As I recall though, when I dropped it, it was not a significant drop, something that happens regularly, no big deal kind of drop.  But the screen internally becoming disconnected made a little sense.  I have a thin TPU case on my phone for little protection and started to drop the phone on purpose to reconnect the screen.  I dropped it flat just as I did before the screen went out, only this time i dropped it on it's back side, opposite of the original drop.  I did this several times from a three to five foot distance.  After about the sixth try, THE SCREEN CAME BACK ON!!!!!!!!  Good luck all.  Worked relatively quickly

Journeyman

Having no insurance, no upgrade, no options, I decided to rip into my phone and see what the problem is. There is a ribbon cable that runs to the screen which is the culprit. Looking at the front of the phone it is about 1/2 an inch up from the bottom left of the screen. This is why pressing the screen in that area could correct the snow sometimes. I am disappointed with Sprint and HTC as neither is stepping up to plate and admitting this is a manufacturer defect or design flaw. They should be swapping phones with this issue and apologizing for the inconvenience rather than treating their customers like criminals. Personally I am done with Sprint. I have overlooked the crap reception for too long. And what does unlimited data do for you if you can barely get 3G??

Journeyman

same issue here. just happened today. read up on this post and tried out the left bottom. sure enough screen returns. but functionality is still limited. I'm very disappointed with Sprint and HTC as many of us consumers are. I've been using HTC since the evo 4g, to the EVO 3D to now this Phone. my 4G had limited issue. and when I jumped to my 3D, my digitizer gave out, right after the warranty expires of course....... and now another SCREEN ISSUE!!!! this is my 2nd EVO 4g LTE due to the first one not being able to update the firmware. I'm pretty sick of the lack of 4G LTE services in my area. and SPRINT nor HTC not stepping up to fixing this issue. I'm  pretty much done with SPRINT and there millions of excuses.

brianluan,

Thanks for your post. If functionality is still an issue with the device, my best recommendation would be to go to a service and repair center to have technicians remedy the problem. You can find your local service and repair center here > Sprint Store Locator Thank you!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat