cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE needs lower LTE antenna threshold!

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE needs lower LTE antenna threshold!

smotrs wrote:

Ouch.

I set my Speedtest to read out in kbps so it doesn't look so bad.

Journeyman

Yeah tell me about it!!! We need LTE bad!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was at a sprint store today after jumping through all the hoops on the phone with customer care, they said that I had to take it in to the store because there must be something wrong with my device because I am in an area with "Strong" LTE service, 78230.... and I needed to get it to the store to have it looked at... so the tech tells me to come back in an hour, I came back and he deemed my phone 100% fine, there is nothing wrong with my phone, it passed all the tests...

so I asked: whats wrong with it then? and he admitted that it was the network... that according to him the network here in SATX is about 40% opreational or completed... and that everyone including him and his Nexus gets "some" LTE service "sometimes" but that most of the time he was on 3G... I aske that how in the hell was he confortable with that, he said that he was just fine with it... if this is true I expect to hear a lot of crap from new iPhone 5 users when they start getting  sucky LTE service... although at the store, while waiting I cheked out the iPhone and the S3s and they were all holding LTE nicely... ran some speedtests and got steady 7 dnw and round 5 up... i placed my EVO next to the S3 and mine showed 3G and the S3 was holding almost all bars in LTE... nice...

I for one am not, its almost a breach of the agreement, Sprint is failing to render services we agreed on and I am paying for... 

I am not out to bash sprint, I love sprint, but I would appreciate some honesty... if they'd just say "Yeah our LTE network is not working at 100% yet.." or "yeah the HTC EVO has a threshold problem" but we are fixing it.... other than give us the runaournd... I would patietiently wait with no problem... but customer care tells you one thing and then at the store they tell you another... its kinda shaddy...

Journeyman

LOL we all could have told you that !!This is why I almost NEVER call CS for anything technical it's a big waste of time and frustrating!You know the bars have nothing to do with LTE or 3G service right.They have said the towers are being tested on and off in areas and that is why you get LTE great and then nothing.If he said 40% that sound about right there is nothing wrong with the phone it's the network!

Journeyman

Yeah I know... LOL... I just wish Sprint would own up to it... what do we do in the mean time then?? I've played around with the LTE Scan Timer and the BSR Timer and it seems to have no effect at all... or to me at least...

Journeyman

Again there is NOTHING wrong with the phone there is no service for it sorry.All you will do is jack the phone up more and drive you crazy .We are all in the same boat you have some LTE that is better than what I have week 3G ...that's it.Chalk it up to the ultimate first adopters I have been one in the past but not to this extent !

Master

Could be worse. Remember all the issues Verizon had when they first started out with LTE?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I assumed that my poor LTE service was because the NV rollout was still in the process.  I'm in San Antonio so I have been noticing more and more LTE service coming online.  What caused me to start researching this issue is that I purchased an Iphone 5 for another line on my account.  The first weekend I had it I couldn't believe how much more LTE service there was in SA!  The iphone consistantly had LTE service and the Evo was in 3g.  I would reset the Evo and 4g would pop up for a second but it would then revert back to 3g.  I definitely think there is an issue with the Evo LTE I would like to know if this is something that can be fixed by a software update or if it's a antennae issue.

Journeyman

smotrs wrote:

Could be worse. Remember all the issues Verizon had when they first started out with LTE?

The problem is we're late in the game at this point.  Back then an LTE phone was a rarity.  With the iphone 5 launch, it's gone mainstream overnight.  People aren't willing to cut their carrieers as much slack anymore.

Master

Considering where Sprint is with the LTE now, there not doing to bad though. I'm one of the lucky ones and have great 3G speeds. When I'm at home and work, I connect with WiFi so I rarely have an issue with. As a result, I can wait.

I do understand that some people can't and won't, that's their choice.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

The double whammy of poor 3G coupled with lack of LTE is a tough one.  Nonetheless I'm sticking it out with Sprint.  Hopefully we'll have the most advanced network in the country within the next year or so.  It can't come soon enough.

Master

Same here. 

--

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat