cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE needs lower LTE antenna threshold!

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE needs lower LTE antenna threshold!

Have just about had it.  Friends with iPhone 5 are getting 40M everywhere in Atlanta.

Journeyman

yeah... I've seen a few friends with the iCrap 5 with good LTE service and me and my stupid 3G right next to it...another thing for them to start talking smack... EVO sucks android sucks... switch to iCrap... Join us.... LOL I am getting brain washed guys!!!!!!!! LOL

486757_10152135423565548_599550561_n.jpg

Journeyman

LOL.. no thanks I stopped buying shiny toys long ago...

Journeyman

I ordered the Evo 4G LTE before it was released and my husband just bought the Galaxy III.  I am sooo disappointed in my LTE.  His phone has 4G almost all over our area in Houston, and mine very rarely picks it up.  I don't understand why we can be in the same exact place and he gets the signal and I don't.  It's depressing when we try to load a page and he is surfing and in the mean time, I'm still waiting on my page to come up.  The load time is ridiculously faster, I'm jealous and bummed.  i bought this phone because of the 4G LTE, now I can't get it? 

Journeyman

Have you taken the phone in and have them check the settings? http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?covType=4gtrimode&serviceType=data&mapcity=Houston&mapstate=TX...  You should be getting LTE.

Journeyman

Welcome to the club. I filed a BBB complaint and the "offer" from sprint regarding a known defect with the HTC Evo 4G LTE phone is to wait until (if) the get around to fixing the problem.  No replacement, no refund, no credits because I cannot get service I am paying for.  The recommended work around which they think gets them off the hook is you have to toggle airplane mode and cross your fingers.  Hard to do going 55mph with map software trying to refresh.

Submit complaints to BBB and FCC, but do not expect Sprint will do anything.  I guess the do not care how many customers this is going to cost them.  To me, it is worth the early termination fee to go to a company that is not selling vapor-ware.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Direct from Sprint:

September 28, 2012  Xxxxxx Xxxxx Better Business Bureau8080 Ward Parkway, Suite 401Kansas City, MO  64114 Re:  BBB Complaint ID #######      Sprint Nextel Account ######      Sprint Nextel Case 1995693 Dear Ms. Xxxxx: Sprint Nextel is in receipt of the above-referenced inquiry of Mr. #### #######  Sprint Nextel received this inquiry on August 30, 2012.  We appreciate your assistance in bringing our customer’s concerns to our attention. We appreciate Mr. #### taking the time to provide us with the details of his experience regarding his device concerns.  We are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers.  Please be assured that we value his feedback.  We regret any inconvenience that this matter may have caused Mr. #####. Please be advised that our Technical Support group spoke with Mr. #### regarding his device and service concerns.   At that time, Mr. #### stated that the voice quality has improved. However, he is still reporting trouble with his 4G LTE service.  Our Technical Support group advised Mr. ##### that there is a known issue with HTC 4G LTE device regarding this issue. Technical Support further advised there is a software update in the works to fix this issue but it has not been released yet. Additionally, we are unable to comply with his request to credit his account $50 per month until this issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused Mr. #####. If I can be of further assistance, you can contact me by calling the Executive & Regulatory Services Department toll-free at 1-866-727-0665, Monday through Friday, between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Central Time. Sincerely, Yyyyyy Zzzzzz, Executive Services Analyst

Names and account numbers redacted.

Journeyman

AJAstro wrote:

Direct from Sprint:

Our Technical Support group advised Mr. ##### that there is a known issue with HTC 4G LTE device regarding this issue. Technical Support further advised there is a software update in the works to fix this issue but it has not been released yet.

Not bad.  You got them to admit there is a problem.  Hopefully the fix is in fact in the works and there will be an update to adjust the signal strength soon. 

Journeyman

The LTE network is not 100% running is that not the problem and not a software one?How come some people in strong areas get fast LTE speeds I have seen some screenshots in the forum. This looks like the usual boilerplate response.

Journeyman

Timbx wrote:

The LTE network is not 100% running is that not the problem and not a software one?How come some people in strong areas get fast LTE speeds I have seen some screenshots in the forum. This looks like the usual boilerplate response.

I think what people are complaining about isn't that no one is getting fast LTE speeds, but rather that in many cases (or at least in their cases) the phone is selecting 3G over LTE unnecessarily.  Surely this is software controlled.  I think we've already discussed the issue ad nausium here.

Still the BBB letter cited is the first I've heard of Sprint acknowledging a problem. I’m inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt and take them at their word rather than assume it’s CYA boilerplate.  Only time will tell.

Journeyman

First thing is when I see someone say they have x bars on the phone it tells me they don't know how the phone works,the bars have nothing to do with data signal strength only voice.If the towers are not 100% operational wouldn't the phone toggle in and out of LTE and 3G to pick the best one?It said they acknowledge a problem yeah we all know there is with this and all the LTE phones people have purchased (iPhone is in the same boat) it maybe software but I think it's larger than that.I hope something is done fast.

Journeyman

Timbx wrote:

If the towers are not 100% operational wouldn't the phone toggle in and out of LTE and 3G to pick the best one?It said they acknowledge a problem yeah we all know there is with this and all the LTE phones people have purchased (iPhone is in the same boat) it maybe software but I think it's larger than that.I hope something is done fast.

What do you make of the previous posts in this thread where people have found iPhone5s and SGSIIIs getting LTE while their EVOs switched to 3G in the same place at the same time? 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat