cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE needs lower LTE antenna threshold!

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE needs lower LTE antenna threshold!

In total agreement. As someone who has stuck with Sprint despite their lagging LTE coverage, usable LTE is very important to me.

Looks like they have started to deploy LTE in Austin, but I can't get a stable lock on the signal for any significant time. This is especially bad indoors, as it seems like LTE has indoor signal penetration issues.

Like other readers on this thread, this phone seems to much prefer 3G EVDO connections, and any blip in LTE signal strength, it flips back to 3G. The Evo 4G LTE also appears to require a strong signal to reacquire LTE, unless I'm outdoors and sometimes manually force it to rescan (in and out of airplane mode) it doesn't return to LTE.

This is hardly acceptable and needs to be fixed ASAP!

Journeyman

It looks like Austin was rolling out in Aug and new NV started in Sep.I don't think this LTE network is working 100% yet and they have said it is turned on and off as work is being done.I don't think the signal is strong enough to stay locked on the phone.I hope with the new money from the acquisition things will speed up and less talk on sites about how LTE is moving along.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got sprint to admit their is a problem with the HTC EVO 4G LTE and documented in a BBB complaint.  The said working on a fix, no estimate as to when, no compensation for problems this causes, no offer to do anything at all.  I even asked if I could get some sort of discount to switch to a Galaxy but nothing but crickets......

Journeyman

Then a Class Action is the only thing that can be done .BBB does nothing without any compensation for non service and as for a fix Jelly Bean is out so are they or HTC working on that or a fix?

Journeyman

I plan to formally start arbitration proceedings next week if Sprint does not allow me to get a phone that works.  Only option left since there has been no commitment from Sprint to a timeframe.  All they will say is "we are working on it" since July, 2012.

I have already directed 3 potential customers to AT&T or Verizon as a result, and my wife's contract is up, so she is leaving as a result also. 

I was even willing to pay the $150 deductible on the phone to get a Galaxy, but Sprint refused!

Journeyman

Have you moved up the chain on CS not just talked to the first tier book readers?They use to have a retention department how about them to get another phone.AT&T is out of the question there CS is worse than Sprint ,yeah they have nice phones but no way.They can't give a commitment when you don't write software for any phones it is up to HTC.

Journeyman

So what do we do anyone here a lawyer that can draft a demand letter and maybe we can all sign it? anyone from sprint reading this? we need to get organized! those of you that dont have LTE service can join preemtively...

Journeyman

Well you knew there was not going to be full LTE service for a year when you bought the phone ...right. As for the EVO most like me can't even test it because of no LTE service in the area ,other than that the phone works fine for some.I don't know...

Journeyman

Well.. Timbx; no disrespect but have you been reading? LOL I don’t think that is the point... There is an admission from Sprint on a previous post in reply to a BBB complaint that THERE IS IN FACT A DEFECT on the EVO 4G LTE... and they are unwilling to provide a fix or a replacement or a refund and they do not have a time frame for remediation...

IF I were to say to my clients "yeah I know there is a defect in the product that I am offering... and I will NOT give your money back nor I will replace the defective item and I WILL NOT give you a time frame for remediation..."

I don’t think that would be acceptable... IN ANY business... and that is what Sprint and HTC are doing here...

So I suggest we get organized and file a formal complaint with Sprint, I will contact my Lawyer to see what our options are… AT LEAST a FREAKING letter from Sprint saying:

“Hey Guys yeah we are working on it and will have a fix for you MM/DD/YYYY”  < ---- This would make me happy…

Journeyman

May not be much... but its a start...  I ask everyone here to RT

Tw.jpg

Journeyman

Yes I have read that in a post here but have NOT read a formal response from Sprint or HTC anywhere else!No disrespect Syscrasher13 but in the real world problems with hardware and software happen all the time.When the iPhone dropped calls because of the new antenna and Jobs said "you are holding it wrong"that went on for some time until they offered to give you a case as a "Fix".All I'm saying is how can they give you a time and date when no one knows! If they did that and not make the date then how happy would you be?

Journeyman

I dont care if they make the date or not, but at least we would know that we are not being ignored...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat