cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE needs lower LTE antenna threshold!

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE needs lower LTE antenna threshold!

Understood.

Journeyman

it reminds me of this! enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

Journeyman

LOL that about says it all!!

Journeyman

The LTE antenna is just resting! LOL

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, but what EXACTLY does the setting "LTE, CDMA" mean?  If it means "Force LTE mode", then why is CDMA in the setting name?  Thanks.

Journeyman

Further down there is a LTE only setting,CMDA/LTE will automaticly switch to either one,CMDA =3G,LTE=4G. If you don't have LTE then CMDA only is what the phone should be set to and that can be set in your settings without doing the *##* etc code.

Journeyman

How do you explain then if you take an EVO 4g LTE and an S3 side by side, and can see clearly that the S3 will get the signal and hold it for a lot longer than the EVO?  THe EVO might not even switch to LTE at all unless you do the magic airplane mode toggle?

My feeling is that the threshold settings have to be tweaked for the EVO in order to latch to the LTE signal better. (and stay connected)

Journeyman

undercommit, and overdeliver....  That is what Sprint/HTC should be doing now....

Journeyman

Unfortunately no tech these days deliverers that now...

Journeyman

I'm in full support of your actions, let me know what I have to do.  I am in Chicago as well. I have an EVO 4G LTE, I purchased a Galaxy S3 for my wife on the family plan.  I took the phone to work and starting at home on the south side all the way to my office in Broadview, IL taking the streets North on Damen, to Western north to the around the United Center to drop off my daughter at school, then I290 to Broadview. Most of the trip, the Galaxy stayed on 4G, and the HTC remained on 3G. Until I did the "the toggle" (it like "the shot" from Jordan except I get 1 minute of LTE).  30 seconds to 1 minute the HTC "thinks" after the toggle, OpenSignal freezes only to be fixed by clearing all the data for the app, and I get 4G for 30 seconds.  The ENTIRE TRIP my Verizon Galaxy tab stays locked on 4G LTE. Sprint... LISTEN.  You cannot move from #3 carrier to #2 or #1 by ignoring the demand of your customers.  This is clearly a problem with the phone and not the network.  Show your customers that actually deserve that #1 customer satisfaction you

prominently display on your homepage.  Show your customers that they are important to you (we know we aren't), I publicly pressure HTC to fix the issue with the customers you delivered to them!!! If not I will join in on legal action as well as a public campaign to show how inept & indifferent your customer satisfaction actually is.

Journeyman

I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN IN A SUIT. There are millions of users out there, Why can our voices be heard? Again and Again where the service is being rolled out in places that less populated than the most major cities out there. I have waited and waited several months for service to come to NYC. It was supposed to be in September, now its goin to be late March 2013!!!! Why am I going to keep paying for extra premium service and not receiving it?! Another 6-7 months (60-70 bucks) not including what i've been paying since getting the lte from June 2012, extra 40 bucks. SO about 100-110 dollars for service not received. I was better off with my OG Evo 4G with WiMax for service. My old one out performed the new one in service obvisely, but not in the processing.

Even with Hurrican Sandy hit and took out power to where i live in lower manhattan, my gf using my old EVO 4g got a glimps of signal and internet, while my LTE Evo had no signal what so ever...

The question I am now asking myself is why let the LTE phones access WiMax 4g. Is it programming software or hardware with the phone it self?  It makes sense doesnt it???

Leave 3g on as a backup, let phones work on 4g Wimax like other 4g phones out there, and when LTE is completed switch the phone to LTE MODE..... WHY ISNT THIS POSSIBLE?  This leaves 3 g on the back burner and let the phone work on 4g and 4g lte....

Journeyman

I think the antenna on the LTE will only receive LTE not Wimax that is why.They could have put one in but why since they was supposed to end Wimax or so they say.Now I read they are putting more money in 3G for what I have no idea,put all the resources into LTE now.If you live in NY you will have LTE soon March is not that bad if it's 90%-100% they said Sep.for starting upgrades.Where I live there is no timetable of when we will get LTE ..none and 3G is a joke.I wasted time last week trying to get CS on the phone to give me some answers that went nowhere  btw the $10 is not for LTE it is for unlimited service ( if you can get any). Third party sites say the antenna on the LTE is not as sensitive as the old EVO that is a fact.Maybe it can be tweaked in software I hope so it better.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat