cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE needs lower LTE antenna threshold!

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE needs lower LTE antenna threshold!

Well folks, I started this thread months back, nice to see it still going strong.  We have received more LTE in my city of Athens, GA.  BUT, there is something wrong with this phone.  The BBB response is comedy gold. 

Sprint.  There is a defect within this phone, and its ability to access LTE.  I've personally witnessed the S3 access your LTE with solid strength, where my EVO LTE is on your antiquated 3G network side by side.  Sprint sold this device, and has done nothing to assist the customers that bought the device.  Something needs to be done.  I would gladly trade my phone in for a S3 or Note 2 as both of these devices appear to have no issues accessing LTE.  I'm not sure what we as customers can do.  But my advice is to steer people away from the device when possible, I believe Sprint is making great strides in LTE deployment.  But the lack of support for the EVO LTE is concerning considering most of us are locked into a 2 year contract with a faulty device.  You can read about these issues all over the internet, it's a real problem that is not being addressed.  I for one am having a hard time supporting a company that leaves consumers high and dry. 

Journeyman

I had said before the BBB is useless just a way to have you vent..What you have to do is a Class Action or sue to get satisfaction! I don't understand why you can't get a different phone S3 or whatever just to make everyone happy.It's not being addressed because MOST do not even have LTE so maybe that is why,not to critical mass yet.Let you out of your contract or another phone that's it.But I have made up my mind my next phone will be a Google one only!!Even if they do not have LTE.

Journeyman

For those that are wondering, Sprint knew this was an issue when the phone was in testing.  3 OTA updates have not managed to fix the problem.  Where are you Sprint?  Get us out of contract or provide a phone that works.

From the below tests:

LTE device connectivity in lab testing continues to be problematic due to under defined processes and complications around provisioning and SIM UICC profiles. Escalation of this issue is in progress.

evo lte.jpg

Journeyman

Dwilliams8880 where did you find this can you give the link ( sorry can't read it)

Master

Click the image, a larger version opens.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-500343-40233/evo+lte.jpg

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Thanks so does this mean the phone had to be retested before launch and was it? Or did they sell them the way they were?

Journeyman

They most likely sold them as it were.  Assuming a software update could fix the issue down the road, which hasn't been the case, there's no way they'd let a flagship phone miss a huge launch date.

Journeyman

Yeah but the launch was moved back anyway...you are right.Well the day is almost over and no JB update yet !! I'm hoping that will fix things...all we can do is hope.

Journeyman

Yeah, but the launch date was pushed back because of the customs issues and Apple, don't even wanna go there again...

Master

Even before it was announed, I was checking everyday. I'm just glad that Sprint and HTC are on the ball and keeping us informed of things. Oh wait... that was a dream I had last night.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Lol, look everybody, let's not beat around the bush.  Sprint and HTC might get it fixed, they might not.  They will not do anything about it if they can't, I guarantee that, there just aren't enough people raising a big stink about it because LTE is still rolling out  and that is still the go to response (excuse).  Unless you've used another Sprint LTE phone next to it on the LTE network, you might not even know there is a problem.  I have seen it first hand, I KNOW there is something wrong with the phone.  Sprint and HTC have also both made admission in e-mail communications with irate customers.  Unfortunately, there hasn't been enough backlash for them to do anything about it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bingo you hit the nail on the head!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat