cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE not receiving phone calls or texts messages

SOLVED
Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G LTE not receiving phone calls or texts messages

All of my calls go directly to voicemail.  I get no text messages.  I can send texts and I can make calls out, but I cannot receive anything.  Has anyone else had this issue with the Evo 4G LTE.  What did you do to resolve the problem?

Tags (3)
15 REPLIES

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE not receiving phone calls or texts messages

FADRIA35,

Thanks for reaching out to us. How long has this been going on? Have you updated the PRL and powercycled since it started? What is your zip code and cross streets? I'll check the network and we'll do the necessary troubleshooting on the device. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hi Dan,

This problem started on 3/29 (Friday).  I have updated the PRL, checked for any updates from HTC, firmware updates, etc.  Nothing makes any difference.  Calls and text messages are not received.  I have done a soft reset, powered down and also did the ##873283# I read about on this site.  The zip code I am currently in is 63045, Earth City and the cross streets are Earth City Expressway and Rider Trail.

My home zip code is 63034 and the cross streets are Lindbergh (N Hwy 67) and Jamestown Bay Drive in Florissant, MO.

FADRIA35-

Thanks so much for the reply! I'm not seeing any outages within your area. Is this issue isolated to one area, or do you have the issue everywhere you go? Also, I would highly suggest removing your private information from your previous comment as this is a public forum and I don't want you to be at risk by exposing your information.

Thanks!

William

Journeyman

This is a constant thing.  It never changes.  For 3 days now, I have not been able to receive texts or incoming calls.  I can access the Internet and receive emails, though.

Highlighted

FADRIA35-

Thanks for the reply! If this is happening everywhere, I have a feeling that this is a software related issue. Do you by chance recall downloading any new applications or blocking applications that would manipulate the messaging/calling features of your device?

-William

Journeyman

The last HTC update I did was on valentine's day.  No updates since them.  Thank you.

FADRIA35-

I apologize if I was not clear. I was referring to 3rd party apps via the Google Play Store.

-William

Journeyman

None to my knowledge.  I am planning on going by a sprint store on my way home from work tonight.

Journeyman

I went to the Sprint Store last night and they say that it is a software issue and there is no fix for my phone.  Any suggestions?  We did a hard reset, soft reset, complete data restore on my phone.  Now, I cannot even make outbound calls after the Sprint technician did all of this to my phone.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.