cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE not receiving phone calls or texts messages

SOLVED
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE not receiving phone calls or texts messages

Exact same problem. I went to the Sprint Store and they discovered the phone did not re-activate after updates. Tech re-activated phone and problem fixed.

My phone: Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

FADRIA35,

Thanks for your reply. Did the store run a factory data reset where they would have to re-activate it on the network as TIGERHOUSE14 mentioned above? I'm privy to the resets you have listed above but I want to make sure that a re-activation was included. Please let me know. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Yes, that was done as well and sprint decided to replace my phone.  I now have a Samsung Note 2 and it is also having intermittant texting and voice calling/receiving network issues.  When I send a text it tells me that the network is not responding.  Is Sprint having anyissues with their network last night and today?  Zipcodes to check are 63034 and 63045. 

My husband and I both are having these intermittant nentwork connectivity problems and we have different phones and manufacturers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue with my phone. i have the HTC EVO 4G. The problem just recently started. I'm unable to send a text or make any outgoing calls. The 3G icon does not even appear and I have no signal bars. It does show an X over the signal bars indicating no data or service connection (I'm assuming) . If its not showing an X over my singal bars then it begans to Roam but when roaming I still will have no signal or 3G connection. I am not receiving text messages but when I do receive a text message it shows the message was sent to me at an earlier time. I have went to the Sprint Zone app, clicked on I Need Help and the try to test my Voice and Data but when I do it says the network it not responding. I have also tried to update the PRL but it says unable to update PRL. This problem is happening no matter what area I am in. Although this problem just began 5 days ago. I have the Sprint hotspot on my plan and because of this I am unable to use it. Please tell me what I can do to fix. Thanks

Zip code is 85031, Phoenix AZ. 51st avenue and Thomas.

akcg3991,

Thank you for your post. Within that area, the most local tower is off North 43rd Avenue. Currently, that tower has no outages, however there are upgrades being processed on it. My concern is this issue travelling with you wherever you go, as you stated. In most cases, that suggests something may be off with the device. Have you had this checked out at a service and repair center? Please let me know. Thank you!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Okay that makes sense now. No I have not taken my device into to get repaired. Although it has been damaged from accidents of being dropped on the floor a few times. I'm almost positive that it is my device causing my network issues. Well thanks for your help.