cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE ...won't charge

Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G LTE ...won't charge

My HTC EVO 4G LTE won't charge...woke up this morning and the battery did not charge.  It charges for a few seconds when I plug it in, but then stops.  I have tried everything, different plugs, different outlets, etc..  Can anyone give me any advice on what to do?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE ...won't charge

oh, when I plug it in, the little LED on the top flashes orange then green then pauses, then orange, then green, etc....

Master

This is usually indicative of over heating. It's possible one of your chargers may have over charged the battery. Try pressing the Power Button and Volume Down Button simultaneously for about 10+ seconds. See if it tries to start. If it does, then get the original charger and plug it in.

If that doesn't work, do you have TEP? If so, take it to Sprint as it could be dead. Even if you don't have TEP, take it to Sprint, they will charge you $50 to look at it and if they can't fix they will order a replacement.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Wizard

GTDMB,

Thank you for reaching out. As smorts suggested it may be the battery. Your best bet is to take the phone into a service center to have it looked at. You can find a service center at www.sprint.com/storelocator.

Thank you

*Stephanie

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat