cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?

Side note to add on to smotrs - you have to hold them both down for a couple of seconds.

Journeyman

The Evo 4g douse have a built in scren shot so please sprint learn your own products....... you hold the power button and tap the home button this will take a screen shot simple no hacking required

Master

Actually,

• Pressing and holding the Power Button followed by touching the Home button takes a Screenshot but stores the image to the Camera folder.
  • Pressing and holding the Power Button and Volume Down button simultaneously takes a Screen Shot and stores the pictures in a special folder called Screen Shot folder.

The former gives you a brief message about the image being stored in the Camera folder and can only be accessed via the Gallery or apps that access the Gallery. The later gives you a brief message as well as a Notification about the image storing in the Screen Shot folder and can be accessed directly from the Notification Bar and can still be accessed via the Gallery or with apps that access the Gallery.

Do they both do the same thing? Pretty much. Which ones more convenient is up to the end user.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

you do understand that the post youre commenting too was back when this phone first came out and little was known about how the phone works correct? it was a learning curve when it came to smaller things like this for both the customers AND the techs.

Topher2120 wrote:

The Evo 4g douse have a built in scren shot so please sprint learn your own products....... you hold the power button and tap the home button this will take a screen shot simple no hacking required

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I do understand that Fireguy i also understand that the last offical post form sprint was "

The home and power keys are instructions for screenshots using the Evo Design, however not for the Evo 4G.  There are several screenshot applications on the Play Store that are available without rooting the device.  Just search for "screenshot" in the play store." This is not a valid answer almost to the point of them trying to say that the evo 4g dose not have that feature. This is what i am responding to lol and there is no "learning curve" involved in the stander opperating of mass produced os's there are features they have and they dont have u should not sell a product u dont know how it works or how to fully use it. Sprint could do with some tech education for there employes. I expect them to be experts on the products they sell the screen shot feature was nouthing new.

Master

Wait.. are we back on the OEVO again?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

you would think so...then again you would also think that by now they would be able to repair these phones in store...but thats not the case..

it would also seem that you missed a few posts well back when when a couple of the techs even stated that until the phone is actually out they wont even have access to it...you ALSO have to remember that alot of the techs in here are working on their own..and are working in actual repair stores...even THEY couldnt really give much info wise since the first phone they would actually have in hand would be when the pre order people got their orders in.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

not a clue..3 different phones have been brought up in this thread so far lol