cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!

Its not anything of an issue with the phone. I was thinking the same thing about my EVO the fix isnt really a fix its about getting to know your phone...I was on the phone with someone and I was trying to get the phone screen to unlock...the trick is to move your finger across the top of the screen where the sensor is going right it should unlock its not a flaw or anything it worked in low light conditions also...let me know if it works for you guys....

Journeyman

So far this is the best explanation, I'll try and get back to ya. I went to best buy with the intention of returning the phone, and after explaning the problem, they placed a call several times and the phone worked fine. So I agree with you, it's a matter of getting used to the phone. I'll keep monitoring the situation.

Journeyman

I tried multiple times with tech support, HTC as well as Sprint, and I was unable to do get the screen to open. It should work just perfect: dark when close to the face and wake up with light. No moving fingers or other tricks to make it work. Either it works well, or is defective. Imagine going dark and then locking while you are in a conversation and you want to hung up and you can't because you cannot unlock.

I miss the camera and the shooter and Sense.

Once they fix the problem, I will reorder it. In the meantime will explore other devices. S3, Note, etc.

Journeyman

Same issue.  Just started after a few weeks.  This has nothing to do with screen protectors.....  Getting worse for me, about 1 of every 3 calls screen locks out and phone won't respond.   Also phone sucks because you can't pull battery when it freezes on call so you are stuck.  I usually like HTC, however this one is getting annoying.

Journeyman

Take it into a Sprint Repair Center, but first call Sprint and they will create an e-ticket for you.  They will let you know the Repair Centers in your area.  The CSR said this is a known issue, and immediately asked me if I had a screen protector on the phone.  I told him I never had one on the phone.  He put in my e-ticket and said take it in.  The Repair Center said it would only take 45 mins, but I left my phone and caught a movie.  They wiped the phone clean, so back everything up beforehand...  Came back and the Technician said I had a bad prox/light sensor.  He had already put in my new phone order when I arrived.  This was Sun, and on Tue afternoon they called me and said my new phone was ready for pickup.  Yes, new phone still in the box with plastic on screen.  New phone works like a champ, and right out the box the prox/light sensor worked properly.  I haven't had the same issue with the new phone.  I just had a bad phone the first time...  I'm mad it took me so long to take it in...

Journeyman

I am having the same problem on phone calls (incoming and outgoing).  Also have same issue with voicemail playback. When playing message, the screen goes blank (except for status bar at top).  This was not an issue with ICS; it only started with JB software update.  This problem does not occur wihen using the headset or bluetooth.

Journeyman

Same story. No screen problems pre-JellyBean, but since the update I get the black screen on every call.  Sucks.

Journeyman

Same situation for me.  Pre-JellyBean never had an issue, and now its a problem.

GrandMaster

some have noticed that after the JB update the proximity sensor up top there is more sensitive than it was before. do any of you happen to be using a screen protector, otterbox or another type of case on the phone? make sure its not covering that sensor...even slightly covering it will make it go wonky..screen protector going over it will have the same results..trim it out around that sensor. these are the only work arounds found so far until they kick out a fix

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

My problem with the screen going black durning a call and not turning back on started after the JB update. I can no longer place a call on speaker phone and then look anything up or go to a different screen as the screen will not stay on even if I hit the power button to turn it back on it will go black again. I can only use or go to other options after the call has ended. Also another issue since the update is that I can no longer hear any of my voice mails. Any help?

Master

Sprint and HTC are aware of the proximity sensor having issues after the Jelly Bean update. HTC is working on a fix currently. I do not havea current ETA for the update as they are still working on implementing a fix and testing.

Journeyman

Lol this phone has always had this problem with cheap screen protectors either cut the protector under the sensor or get a zagg issue solved. I had the same issue with ics on the phone and my wife to we both got zagg invisible sheild ( which has a cut out for the sensor ) issue gone. But this issue has nothing to do with Jellybean and everything to do with not covering the sensor with cheap screen protectors. Stop blaming Jellybean get a zagg don't be cheap and your phone will work fine cuz I have 2 and niether have issues but both have with a cheap protector on them and with ics. Its a known issue since the day the phone was released. Period.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat