cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!

Journeyman

HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!

I have been having problems everytime I make or recieve a phone call, the screen goes black and it doesn't matter if a press the on/off it will not do anything. Only happens with phone calls.

Anybody is experiencing this problem?Thanks!

31 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!

The light sensor is behind the glass just under and to the left of the speaker grill. It seems very sensitive. Check to make sure its not covered with anything. Mine is sensetive enough that I wouldnt be surprised if a screen protector caused an issue.

Journeyman

I took the screen protector off and still have the same problem. It works good in bright places, but as soom you go somewhere dark, the screen shuts off. (Calls Only)

Journeyman

Yours is not the only one.  read down on the link, the black screen issue comes up.  i have had it happen too along with awful data issues.  i changed back to my EVO 4G so i had something usable.

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/555483-data-connectivity-issues-evo-4g-lte.html

But wait till you go thru the crazy and worthless repair work... then be told that it has to be replaced but out of stock... then you have to pay for a new phone to be shipped to you sometime when they get them and refund you the difference down the road...

after 14 years of being a sprint customer i have never felt so frustrated for doing a pre-order or web-order... NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infact the crap procedures that you have to jump through for the whole process of diagnosing what you told them at the start and to try and even return the thing has been a major let down...

**Do make sure to contact them and file an E-Ticket, also you only have a 14 day return policy now, so make sure that haults till your problem is fixed**

Journeyman

i had the same issue with the screen going black, except in bright light.

i had put on a ZAGG hd Invisible Shield screen protector, which even had a little notch for the light sensor cut it.  but i looked closer with a flashlight, and the light sensor is actually wider than the cutout in the ZAGG shield.  on the phone, there is a round light sensor, and next to it is a rectangular sensor as well it seems. 

i peeled the shield off a bit, and cut the corner off a little with scissors, and now the phone works good.

hope that helps.

Journeyman

I have had my Evo LTE for about a week and I should have known there was a problem when I got it at the Best Buy Mobile store - they had a terrible time getting teh system turned on and it just kept going round and round. 

From the HTC site, I know that the flashing buttons at the bottom is the warning that you are going to do a soft-reset, however even after doign a soft-reset, the screen doesn't come on in my case.   Has anyone else had that issue?

-Steve

Journeyman

My HTC LTE has the same problem with the screen going blank,without a screen protector, so I don'nt think it has to do with a screen protector.

Journeyman

I know what the problem is. I'm not sure if you can tell but, if you look at that corner of the screen its slightly raised, that is the problem. If you press down on that corner and not cover the sensor, you will notice that it will work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=27421635&postcount=77

Journeyman

Same problem here with the screen going black on a phone conversation. To wake it up, had to press the start button, but after 2 minutes, it would go black and lock, and if I was in a phone call, I could not unlock and could not hang up. I spoke to HTC and Sprint support.

I was told it was the proximity sensor that sits on left next to name "htc". When you covered with the finger or your face, should turn the screen off to prevent accidental dialing on the keypad, but when move to light away from the face, should turn the screen on.

I returned the phone, got a new one, and had the same issue so I returned it again. Too bad, because I love the phone, nice feel. great camera and the multiple shooter is amazing.

Will wait and see and back to use my old Evo, which works great, with the exception of the small ram, which limits the number of apps..

Master

This is a known issue  and htc is looking into it.   One of the cause of this problem is 3rd party  screen protectors

that cover all of the glass.  Are you using one of these?

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.