cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO LTE plagued by dead/stuck pixels

Highlighted

HTC EVO LTE plagued by dead/stuck pixels

HI, I just wanted to add something to the list of problems that the new evo is having, yesterday i went to the sprint store to buy an evo lte, but i couldnt take any home, since all of them were plagued by dead pixels, the sprint rep open six boxes and all of them had a least one dead pixel, I went home very frustrated i cant understant how HTC uses cheap screens on its premiun devices, I am one of the guys that cant stand to know to have a dead pixel on my screen, since once you know its there is a pain not to look at it. So i will keep going to every sprint store until i find one with no dead/stuck pixels. It may take months but ill be worth it. I personally suggest and encourage that you guys download the app called dead pixel test, and try to find any dead/stuck pixels on your screens if you do find some, take your device to sprint and return it, and get a new one without any deffect, lets make htc to stop giving us cheap quality parts in our premiun devices, we are paying a lot of money so we deserve to have a device with not deffects. I can understand a dead pixel on a tv screen because is big, but on a small screen is unacceptable!!!. Please tell me what you guys think about it, and please bear with my english since is not my first language. Thank you

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: HTC EVO LTE plagued by dead/stuck pixels

update: i cant understand why nobody has replied to my thread. well my experience with this phone has been a nightmare i have been to 5 sprint stores around my area including best buy, and i have checked 24 htc evos lte and all of them had a least one dead pixel on then, im really frustrated with htc for this, i really like the phone but im starting to think that all of you phones have a dead/stuck pixel as well but you havent check it throughly. i really want a evo lte but i not longer wish to fight with the sprint reps for going over and over and keep returning phones for this. i am not crazy maybe im just having bad luck, but its embarrasing going back to the store and all the reps looking at me like (i dont want to sell you anything), oh i really hate my luck. but i hate htc the most for using cheap screens on this phone.

GrandMaster

at the moment they can only replace the phone for you with another phone or even a refurb...to my knowledge none of the repair stores are able to get into the phones as of yet.

and your phone is the first i have seen in these forums talking about stuck pixels.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Not just his phone, apparently every phone he has tried, 24+ phones it looks like.

But I agree, no one else has seemed to complain so I'm not sure how sever the issue is. I don't notice a problem on my screen or my GF's and the guys that I know who have the same phone don't notice an issue either.

I do know there is a certain percentage of bad pixels allowed.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

per the poster above either youre not smart enough to figure out you have dead pixels or youre in need of glasses lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Yeah, guess I'm screwed. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat