cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 4G LTE - GETTING NO HELP FROM SPRINT, NO PICTURE MAIL WITH 3G SERVICE, NO VOICEMAIL, NOT GETTING CALLS

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Evo 4G LTE - GETTING NO HELP FROM SPRINT, NO PICTURE MAIL WITH 3G SERVICE, NO VOICEMAIL, NOT GETTING CALLS

Hey folks -

I got my EVO 4G LTE about 6 weeks ago.

A few days after I got the phone we had horrible storms in Central Ohio that knocked out ~20 Sprint towers; within the week that followed, I became aware that I was missing about 40% of the calls people made to my phone. I went to a Sprint Store (where they have a repeater) and I was advised that the hardware was fine, account was fine, but coverage in the areas I was usually in was poor/fair. The rep used his phone and made 6, consecutive, successful calls to my Evo 4G LTE. I thought he pushed something magical on his computer, but alas, it was simply the presence of the repeater which the phones switch to, in order to further the illusion of strong, penetrating signal when selling new phones to customers. Nonetheless, I went home, and soon learned that my Google Voicemail only worked when my Google number was called or texted; however callers were not able to leave me a message on my Sprint number SINCE THE DAY I GOT THE PHONE. I called tech support and even Account Services, who both assert that I am functioning at 99% signal reliability, no voicemail issues etc etc. So, within the past 4 days, I have not been able to send or receive Picture Mail on 3G - but it functions normally on WiFi. Again, netiher Voicemail App, nor dialing my number or "1" work to get voicemail.

So far I have:

* Updated Profile (10 times)

* Updated PRL (10 times)

* Updated Android firmware (1 time)

* Called Care/Tech Support (4 times)

* Taken Phone To Store (1 time)

* Taken phone off of CDMA/LTE mode and placed on CDMA only (1 time)

HELP!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

- 2011RedTurbo    

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Master

It definitely sounds like its tower or network related by the fact that it worked fine at the Sprint Store. Have you tried going to another town that wasn't affected by the storm to see if the phones works fine there? If it does, then that would definitely indicated an issue with the towers/network in your area. Also seems confirmed as you said the data sessions work fine when connected through WiFi.

You can also PM one of the following with your Zipcode and the nearest Main cross streets and they can look into the issue and see if the towers or network are having issues in the area.

14Knight, Raylitherland67 and Markie_B

Again, include the problem, zipcode and nearest main cross streets to where your having the issue(s).

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Wizard

JORDANARGUS,    

I do apologize that you are having issues with your service in your area. As mentioned in previous post, please reply with the cross streets/intersection and zip code where you are having these issues and  I will be more than happy to look up the towers in that area and let you know when they expect those towers to be fully operational. Also, prior to the storms, was the phone working without any issues?

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks for the heads-up guys . . .

Busch Blvd and E Dublin-Granville Rd in Columbus, OH 43229

Presently, I am 12 miles away from that intersection . . . now at S High St and W Mound St in Columbus, OH 43215

When I try to download or send out a picture on 3G, I get

"Unable to send message after multiple attempts. Service denied."

Highlighted
Wizard

JORDANARGUS,

Thank you for the information. I was able to to look up the location you provided and I am not showing any tower related outages in your area. With that being stated, I am showing upgrades (data) in your area and that is scheduled to be complete in September. No specific date is given. In response to your voicemail issue, you mentioned that when you press the number "1" from your dial pad, you are not able to dial into the system correct? I can also walk you through some steps to reset your data (this will not erase your phone). Also are you able to access any form of data? (web, emails)

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

Markie -

That is correct, neither "1" nor the Voicemail app work to connect me to my voicemail: "1" gets me a busy signal, and clicking on the "setup" section of the app does nothing - no options come up and it does not connect me to anything. I am able to access web, email, etc on 3G right now.

Wizard

JORDANARGUS,

There are a few things I can do to assit with the reprogramming of your phone so your voicemail will work again. Can you send me a private message with your phone number included? This will not require you to lose any information as previously stated.

Markie_B

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat