cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 4G LTE or the Samsumg Galaxy S3

Journeyman

HTC Evo 4G LTE or the Samsumg Galaxy S3

So I am able to upgrade my phone and I am debating on either the HTC Evo 4G LTE or the Samsung Galaxy S3. I need help on which to choose. I currently have the original HTC Evo but I have heard some really good things about the Samsung. So I need help on making my decision. Do I upgrade to the new Evo or wait it out for the Galaxy S3? Someone please help!!!!!!!

19 REPLIES 19
Journeyman

Re: HTC Evo 4G LTE or the Samsumg Galaxy S3

I'm in the same boat too but here what I know so far both phone are pretty close and equal so I'll start off with what I know and like about each phone and then have the other user carry on cause you might need more then 1 opinion to decide.

HTC EVO 4G LTE well it will have a nice design and color it look very attractive not only that Sense had animations love the HTC Clock and weather animation and it have full customization options aside from naming and color option but you can change the background color just not the widgets and it have 7 pages for you to put your widgets on it also support LTE and HD Voice and it will come out before the Samsung Galaxy S III

Samsung Galaxy S III this is aso a neat phone just by looking at it but it goes way beyond that this phone is a lot closer to the iPhone 4S but better 2100 Mah Battery, 1.4Ghz, 8MP camera resolution S Voice is just like Siri but better it don't do just command like most voice recognition programs you can also hold a conversation with it like { How are you doing today, or Will I need an Umbrella today} something like that and I also heard it had motion sense like it wont turn off if you'll looking at it and it will dial your contact when you put it near your ear.

Pretty cool phone I like them both I just hope the EVO 4G LTE have something like S Voice or Siri cause I'm more likely getting the EVO cause I can't stand dealing with my HTC Hero any longer and I have no idea when Sprint is getting the Samsung S III

Journeyman

Get the galaxy nexus. I thought this would be a downgrade over the htc evo 3d but way better.

Highlighted
Journeyman

will sprint get the galaxy s3??? i have an iphone 4s and im not happy with it because the small screen and i was waiting for the evo lte but what i know about each phone the htc and the s3 they are pretty close and equal but the s3 will be better so im gonna wait for the s3 if it comes to sprint........ just take a look on this link:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403970,00.asp

Journeyman

The benchmarks I have seen with SGS3 vs HTC One S and the One X (AT&T w/ S4 snapdragon) show that despite having quad-cores, SGS3, it didn't score too well vs the dual-core S4 Snapdragon.

Personally I am going to get the EVO LTE because of the S4 Snapdragon. The One X (international version with Tegra quad-core), couldn't even best it. Now if they ever did come out with a quad-core S4, that would be the phone to get if you were waiting around for a quad-core phone.

Journeyman

the bechmarks show that the sg3 is the best android phone at the moment better than the htc one s, htc one x and maybe sprints version evo lte.....
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5810/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-performance-preview

Journeyman

If you go to Anandtech and Engadget, it really didn't beat the one s or even the one x(AT&T) by much at all despite having 4 cores. It did beat them considerably in a few tests but most were either slightly, 1 or 2 pts, above or below the One S and One X. It is not really a powerhouse phone if you ask me having those 4 cores. Wait until the quad S4's come out through Qualcomm. If the dual core S4 is giving the SGS3 a run for its money, the quad S4 is going to smash it.

Journeyman

Keep in mind the SGS3 for Sprint, Verizon and AT&T will in most certainly have a S4 chip in it. Mainly due to the LTE integration as samsung hinted during the SGS3 announcement. So it will basically come down to the design and usability.

If you like touchwiz and SGS3 design go for it. If you like Evo LTE better and like Sense 4 take the EVO.

I prefer not to have Siri or any of the other stuff cos I dont use it but some one might consider it as a plus.

I prefer the lighter sense over touchwiz as day, again your choice.

Now the main difference is the Evo is available now and the SGS3 could take 3 months (optimistic) or more and we are not sure what design cues it might have on sprint(Although they can not be any worse then what is already the SGS3 IMO). So that is my evaluation of the "upgrade now or later" dilemma.

Journeyman

Either way I'll probably go with the Galaxy S3 due to their design.  Love the fact that Samsung is all about biomimicry, seems like a popular thing which is a good thing.  While disappointed that United States as usual is always late in the game and can't even take the full advantage of the so-called LTE we're slowly getting with the time.  I used to be a fan of HTC but when someone else comes out with a product that consistently scores and high and captivates the attention of the world it's hard to ignore Samsung's success. 

Journeyman

I'm up for an upgrade as well (original evo owner) and I'm leaning toward the S3.  Based on what I'm reading the S3 might outlast the EVO 4G, and if I read enough stories about the EVO dying fast, I'll probably wait for the Samsung.  Additionally, the battery in the S3 is removable while the new EVO's is not.  I still remember the disappointment I felt when I got my original evo and immediately realized I would need an extended battery...  I do like the features on the EVO, and if my fears aren't substatiated by user reviews in the next couple of weeks, I might just pull the trigger on it.

Wizard

I'm curious; do you intend to pull the trigger even though LTE is not available and you would run on the existing Sprint 3G network until LTE is more widely deployed (or at all right now)?  Are you in a WiMax covered area today?  If not, I guess the question is moot. 

Cheers

Journeyman

Well I am in Chicago so I think I am in the WiMax coverage.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat