Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates

Go to solution
Journeyman

HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates

Does anyone happen to have any information as to when the HTC Evo 4g Lte will receive either Sense 4.1 or Jellybean?  I assume that this phone will be upgraded- as the international One X and One S have received Sense 4.1.  Also, the Evo 4g Lte is a flagship phone, and they were pretty good with updates on the original Evo.  Any insight would be helpful (insight from Sprint employees is also highly welcomed!).  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates

Love the excitement around this!  Here's the official announcement for those interested.

View solution in original post

482 REPLIES 482
Highlighted
Master

There is no announced date at this time  the international version of the device  are gsm and typically will get the updates first.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am aware that GSM versions will always get updated first.  But, I remember the original Evo being upgraded to Froyo rather quickly; and it didn't have to wait forever for Gingerbread either.  I am more concerned with getting Sense 4.1 anyway.  I think ICS performs very well on the Evo 4g Lte, but Sense needs a few improvements. 

Highlighted
Master

Actually, if I recall, it took about 9mo before the update to Gingerbread was made available on the OEVO. Hopefully we don't have to wait that long. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint and HTC can't seem to figure out how to make this phone multitask or aquire/hold onto and LTE signal, upgrading to JB is a pipe dream and isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Check your phone, the update is there right now 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

The update includes Android 4.0.4 and Sense 4.1.  No Jellybean yet...

Highlighted
Journeyman

oops, my bad....

Highlighted
Master

Official thread is here, I'm in the process of doign a Hard Reset to see if the things I've noticed right away are really still not fixed.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/97470?tstart=0

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yep.  Got the update!  This is my first discussion post on Sprint's site.  Maybe I should do this more often- perhaps we could see updates sooner!

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Welcome to the site!

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

I need to know is it Sprint or HTC thats always too slow with the updates.  I see Samsung is on the job.  Do I need to get a S3 or what?

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat