cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates

SOLVED
Journeyman

Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates

Yes they actually pulled it right after it came out in Sep.The Dec 2 was supposed to be Jelly bean but that was a hoax. If your phone works be happy with it the ringtone problem is no big deal to me mine works.

Journeyman

That is great news about the update from HTC.  Timely in that this is the Christmas season...you know...Santa Clause, Tooth Fairies, Easter Bunny...We all just need to believe 

Highlighted
Journeyman

No offence but we have heard that for some time now......

Journeyman

none taken....but honestly i talked to htc 2 days ago asking about jelly bean and got the whole i do not have information can not confirm bs. Tonight i didnt even call about jelly bean just about some of the bugs like ringtones and contacts and delayed texts and such and the htc said on his own that the lte was getting jelly bean with in a month which would be this one hopefully lol. look im just as upset and normally like u i would take me saying this with ya right we will see to. But it is htc's company policy to not release that type of info unless its an actual fact. For me.all i wanted is confirmation....i prolly wont stick with the lte regaurdless but atleast now if some awesome htc phone comes out for sprint ill atleast give it a look. 2Days ago i was def not gonna get another htc eve.....still may not but ill check it out. Im gonna stick with evo lte till after xmas or till i get enough cash to get the note 2. im a big guy so bigger is better for me and i like the s-pen and some of the other cool features like the calander and stuff. But def glad to see the evo is atleast being graced with jelly bean at all and soon not soon enough but ya.

Journeyman

Well,I am officially done with Sprint and HTC.  I would rather go with Samsung because every one of their phones have either received OR been slated to soon receive the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update.  You still can't find information anywhere on the web saying when HTC or Sprint will get this update and I think that is deplorable.

Journeyman

I need a phone to work and my ringtones are fine so I'm cool just would like to get JB. I think people are just upset with the lack of a set date from Sprint.The thing is if you want updates for Android fast buy a Nexus that's it they get it first.If it gets LTE that will be my next phone in two years.And for those who can't wait root the phone,I just spent over 6 hrs doing that to my tablet and would not even do that with a phone I need to work! Done that before...

Journeyman

The problem with having a nexus device is with sprint you are still waiting for the updates, they don't come striaght from google like the gsm versions do.  When I bought my galaxy nexus I thought it would already have JB on it or the ota would be waiting for me.....not the case at all. in fact I'm not sure if it has received it yet or not,  the nexus being so easy to root unlike my htc evo lte I rooted it and applied great JB roms to it.

Journeyman

That's the Samsung galaxy not the Google Nexus 4 and up sold by Google  unlocked .They are updated from Google not by the carrier and Sprint does not sell it.

Journeyman

Emailed HTC and tell me what you think about this response?

I understand you were wondering about the upgrade to JellyBean for the HTC EVO 4G LTE. I would be more than happy to assist you with this software inquiry, Michael. You mention that you would like to know whether there is any truth to the rumor about no update for this particular Android device. We are excited about the latest update for Android, Jelly Bean, and are currently reviewing its features and functionality to determine upgrade plans for our product portfolio. While our goal is to bring the latest software updates to as many of our recent devices as possible, we are committed to maintaining every phone's performance and usability first.

At this point in time, we can confirm that we have plans to upgrade our HTC One X, HTC One XL and HTC One S to Jelly Bean. Please stay tuned for more updates regarding device upgrades, timing and other details about HTC and Jelly Bean. I appreciate your interest in the JellyBean software.

My fellow Evonians, I'm sad to say time will tell!!!

Journeyman

At this point and time, HTC would be doing themselves a favor by just not not saying anything.