cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo LTE CRASHING

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Evo LTE CRASHING

Is anyone having trouble with the new HTC Evo 4 G LTE.  I upgraded to it 2 days ago.  Yesterday it crashed 5 times sprint did a hard reset.  Today crashed 5 times did a hard reset again and before I could get off the phone with sprint it crashed again.  Went to the store and exchanged it for a new one.  Got home started putting all my stuff back on and this new one crashed.  Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem

Tags (3)
17 REPLIES 17
Wizard

Re: HTC Evo LTE CRASHING

I've not seen this happening any more than other devices. Most of the time it seems to be related to an app that's being installed, especially anti-virus, task killers, third party launchers or other apps that run in the background. I would try installing apps slowly if you're unsure which one is causing the issue to see if the problems starts after the installation of a particular app. I hope this helps!

-Donnie

Journeyman

I was having problems with random crashes and resets.  I read on another forum about issues with the "weather" widgit: I reset it to turn off "scheduled sync", that seemed to help because now there no more auto updates on the weather, I  can still update it manually.  Also I noticed my phone crashed several times every night, I keep it in the back of my house where the Wi-Fi signal is very weak at night: so I turn off the Wi-Fi off at night, this avoids most crashes and resets. 

Journeyman

I am getting that too. phone crashes alone, while in use, when switching apps... Nothing I can narrow down to a speicifc app as it is doing it right after factory reset as well. I can be fine for hours without any reset and then they come in clusters, each time fling crash error report with HTC.

Journeyman

Its the crappy processor..   Anything but samsungs own processor sucks...

Journeyman

Problem rectified by exchanging the phone.

On contrary to what you say, Samsung processors are actually considered outdated....

Journeyman

I had this happen several times, after several times and frustration with Sprint service, I just took the phone back, and got an Iphone....problem solved!!!

Journeyman

Mine was crashing several times a day when I turned on "Wi-Fi".  I read on another forum that you should disable the "fastboot" (use settings/power to access this.)  Then perform the system updates: update profile and update PRL.  Also I have been avoiding turning on Wi-Fi in areas with weak service.  These changes nealy eliminated my crashing problems, I only crash one in a while now, not every day. 

Wizard

I read that both the EVO LTE and SGS3 in the US use the same chipset.  Is this not true?  Regardless it is highly unlikely the processor is the cause of random crashes. 

Cheers,

Master

Correct, both are using the same chipset on the US versions.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

For you doubters, here's the specs of the LTEVO

HTC Evo 4G LTE - Full phone specifications.png

And the SGIII

Samsung Galaxy S III I535 - Full phone specifications.png

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Wizard

myevouser wrote:

Mine was crashing several times a day when I turned on "Wi-Fi".  I read on another forum that you should disable the "fastboot" (use settings/power to access this.)  Then perform the system updates: update profile and update PRL.  Also I have been avoiding turning on Wi-Fi in areas with weak service.  These changes nealy eliminated my crashing problems, I only crash one in a while now, not every day.

Are you still experiencing this issue? Have you tried any other troubleshooting like wiping the phone completely of all third party applications and testing it out in those weak Wi-Fi areas?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat