cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Media Link Spontaneously Launches

Journeyman

HTC Media Link Spontaneously Launches

For the last few weeks now, my HTC EVO 4G LTE has been exhibiting very odd behavior.  Periodically, it will attempt to launch the HTC Media Link HD connection process, naturally not finding any since I don't have the device.  When it does this, it makes it almost impossible to use until it finishes searching and failing to find devices.  Has anybody else run into this?

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: HTC Media Link Spontaneously Launches

Yes, my phone does this all the time.  Soooo aggravating. 

Wizard

RAVINGARMY,

Thanks for visiting Sprint's Community forum and posting the above issues concerning your HTC EVO 4G LTE device. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this issue is causing you. Just to be clear,  you're advising your device is automatically launching the HTC Media Link HD connection process, correct? If so, was this issue observed after installing any new applications?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

iam2g2b4g96,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry that you're also advising your device is spontaneously launching the HTC Media Link HD connection process. I could imagine how frustrating this may be. How long have you been experiencing this issue? Since the on-sight of this issues, have you taken your device into a S&R center to be triaged? A technician will gladly take a look at your device and provide you with a fix.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

DePaul,

No, this process did not appear to start after installing any one application.  There have been a considerable number of updates recently, however, so it could be one or more of those that might have caused the problem to function.  It's not a smooth start.  It's not like you're going along and suddenly the Media Link software launches.  It's more like the system seems to "stutter," as if trying to launch something else first, then drops down to the Media Link.

Journeyman

DePaul,

It's been doing it for so long, I don't remember how long it has been.  Unlike most people, I don't have any games on my phone.  I call, text, and take pictures and videos with my phone.  I regularly download my pictures and videos to a disc. I use facebook and occasionally use Tango.  That media link just started out of the blue. And I also agree with Ravingarmy's recent post about how it launches. No I haven't taken it into a store.

Wizard

RAVINGARMY,

Thanks replying. I suggest taking your device into a S&R center to have a technician triage the device. They will be happy to assist you with implementing a fix. To locate a store nearby, please visit www.sprint.com/storelocator. Keep u posted on the outcome of your store visit.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

iam2g2b4g96,

Thanks for reply. As I suggested for RAVINGARMY, I also encourage you to take your device into a S&R center for additional assistance. Our technicians will be best able to assist you with remedying this issues. Please share with us the outcome of your store visit.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

My phone does this too, but it's always during the middle of a phone call...lol

Master

Something to try is a Clear Cache and Clear Data for the app, maybe even Disable if the option is available to prevent further attempts at launching.

• Settings > Apps > All Tab
  • Search for HTC Media Link HD
    • Note the KB size, if anything other then 0 it has information.
  • Touch it to open
  • Press Force Stop, Clear Cache, Clear Data and Disable if available

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Well I made and appointment and went to the sprint store.  The techs had to wipe my phone clean and worked on it for over an hour without any success.  My newly wiped old phone was returned to me and I was told they had to order me a new phone that would be mailed to me. Then after returning home, I received an email from sprint saying that the replacement is backordered.  So no telling how long I will be stuck with this crazy phone.  I loved the customer service at the store and my tech, Charlee, was really nice.  She apologized for not being able to repair my phone and not having one to replace it.  But come on sprint, I'm stuck with this for however long which makes me just want to cancel my service.

Master

I'm rally surprised a wipe didn't stop the Media Link from spontaneously launching. Keep us informed. I suspect you will probably receive the replacement phone this week, hopefully earlier rather then later.

Make sure you apply all updates as soon as you get it before downloading any apps. Then perform a hard reset so you can start with a freshly configured phone.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat