cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Media Link Spontaneously Launches

Master

Re: HTC Media Link Spontaneously Launches

BTW, the only time I have seen it launch is when I accidentally touch the screen with 3 fingers. But when you do launch it, also make sure the "Search for Media Links" option is disabled. It works similarly to Searching for WiFi in that it physically looks for available connections.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I found an article on this particular issue.  The three finger gesture bit occurs when you have "HTC Gestures" enabled.  Disabling that seems to stop the Media Link from launching.

Journeyman

I've seen this too, and it drives me crazy. It appears to only happen when I am on the phone -- my first inclination was that it was due to my ear hitting the screen. However, from a post above, I disabled the HTC Gestures this morning; we'll see how it does.

I find it more frustrating that it appears to be a service you cannot turn off or disable. You can Force Stop it, but I cannot remove the application.

Master

fjhaisldhfuashdfcasincilasndiufha,

Are you currently still having issues or has that been resolved for you now? Let us know.

Thanks,
Ash,
Sprint Social Care Team.
Master

Supposed to only launch when you do a 3 finger drag. Unfortunately, it can happen if it detects ANY three touches on the phone and a drag.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

odd? the 3 finger drag on the original One brings up your quick pick menu for your settings etc..its different on the LTEVO?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

On the LTEVO, with the new Sense, the 3 finger would bring the quick menu up if you started at the top of the screen and the Media Link if you started in the middle of the screen. However, with the last OTA update (not RUU update) the 3 finger ONLY did the Media Link.

The HTC M8 exhibits this same behavior as the M7 I believe in that the Media Link doesn't launch with the 3 finger.

--

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat