Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X And Evo 4G LTE Indefinitely Delayed At US Customs

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC One X And Evo 4G LTE Indefinitely Delayed At US Customs

Has Anyone received an email from Sprint,indicating that their Evo LTE has been Shipped ? ? ? ?

I'm gonna post as soon as I get my email.

http://pocketables.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451c9ec69e20163056755a4970d-800wi

91 REPLIES 91
Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know Sprint attention to customer loyalty hasn't been the same sense they got their filthy hands on the iPhone. I preordered this phone and haven't been able to get a straight answer on at least when they will be shipped. It's getting pretty old. AT&T (Blue Devil) is starting to look better and better.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I couldn't agree with you more. Pre iPhone, Sprint had pretty good customer service. I was able to get whatever I needed to get done via one online chat session or phone call. Now, it seems I am getting nowhere with chat and CSR on the phone (not to mention a feeling that they just couldn't care less if I was satisfied or not, they just want 5 stars on that after call survey). I'm not saying the iPhone did it, but it was around that time that customer service with sprint started looking more like the old days where you could call CS and get a differnt answer every time, depending on who you spoke with.

Highlighted
Wizard

Quick logistics primer for the pre-order crowd:

Disclaimer:  I do not work in Sprint's distribution facility.  However, I did consult for the distributor responsible for the last release of a "fruity" phone throughout the US.  Most work the same way.

1) Somewhere in a warehouse close to the UPS hub in KY is a warehouse with pallets of EVO LTEs.  They've probably been there for a week or so.

2) At a pre-determined point in time, Sprint sends the warehouse all the pre-ordered  and store allocation shipping labels.  My guess is that's happening right now or, at latest, Wednesday at noon.

3) For the next several hours, warehouse workers are frantically breaking down pallets, slapping shipping labels on the individual phones, sorting them by destination, re-palletizing them, and loading them on pre-positioned UPS trailers.

4) Sometime before midnight tonight, UPS will pick up their trailers from the warehouse and bring them back to their hub

5) The hub will futher break down the sorted pallets and place them on the appropriate airplane / truck depending on distance from the hub

6) Shipping status will change and tracking numbers should be loaded onto your account

7) Phones will start showing up mid-afternoon the next day at some locations and no later than Friday for most others

At that point, the decent thing to do would be to post back in this thread to share a laugh at your communal panic

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm laughing now because I know its gonna be here on thursday.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I disagree CS is about the same the iphone has nothing to do with it.People call CS like they have the answer to everything and you know what they don't ,only what is in their playbook.Ask a question like was this backorder status a glitch in the system and they have no clue.All they want is to keep you calm and give you a answer you will like.If you think ATT is any different let me tell you from experience it is not.Everything will sort itself out by the end of today....we all have to chill.

Highlighted
Journeyman

They should put your post on page one!This is the way it works people we will get our phone 1-3 days from KY,don't call your local store like they can give you a answer.All that will do is make you madder.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've gotta agree with nscapon.  I've always loved Sprint customer service even though most people disagree with me.  I've always gotten the answers I've needed from courteous representatives.  But recently things have gone downhill with both network performance and customer service which I attribute to Sprint's fast growth with the iPhone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't really have issues with customer service. I mean it's no point in killing the messenger. I think it's been more of a management issue. I'm still not totally sure what they replaced the "Premier Program" with. Furthermore if they did have phones sitting around in the warehouse for a week. Why not just say he it's going out on some date instead of kind of just saying we'll do our best to get it to you by the 18th. I mean we are all reasonable people. If people knew their phones would be leaving the warehouse on a particular date might make things a little easier for them, and maybe lower call volumes.

Wizard

That's essentially what they're telling you.  Neither Sprint nor UPS will guarantee 100% receipt by the 18th.  Therefore, the disclaimer is that they'll "do our best" to have your phone to you.  It's going to ship within the next 36 hours and 99% of them will arrive by Friday evening. 

It does you no good to know when they're shipping if you don't also know the mode and your distance from the distribution center.  They gave you the important part...when to expect your phone in your hand.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's just it they said 3 day window before the 18th that would be the 15th for shipping.The "backorder status" thing started the problem somebody should have never changed the order status to say that.All heck broke out last night.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What I am saying is they can tell us when they will ship them. I'm not asking when will I receive it.

Highlighted
Wizard

We understand that, but what we're saying is that the next question everyone would ask is "when is it getting here?"  There's likely to be a delay between the actual shipping process and the time your account is updated with accurate tracking information, so then there would be thousands of "why didn't my phone ship when they said it was going to" questions.  Simply put, Sprint circumvented those two pitfalls by simply telling you when to expect your phone...the details of how it gets to you between the pre-order and the 18th shouldn't be that important.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat