cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Ringtone Fix Released - Known issue: HTC EVO 4G LTE software update 2.13.651.1

Highlighted
Master

HTC Ringtone Fix Released - Known issue: HTC EVO 4G LTE software update 2.13.651.1

When you assign a personalized ringtone to an individual contact, the default ringtone will be used when that contact calls.

This is a known issue which will be addressed in the next maintenance release.

Thanks,

mapesy

9/25 Update - dshoem01

HTC has pushed an update for the contacts (people) application that corrects this issue.  A notification will be sent to your device at

which time you may apply or decline the update.

10/30 Update - dshoem01

HTC's application update is no longer being pushed to devices. If after updating the application, you now have to answer an incoming call twice (drag Answer

to the 'unlock circle' and again by tapping the answer key), powering your device off and back on may resolve the issue. HTC is continuing to investigate

for a permanent fix.  

170 REPLIES 170
Journeyman

Re: Known issue: HTC 4G LTE software update 2.13.651.1

HTC 4G LTE software update 2.13.651.1 (MR2)

Journeyman

i wonder when this will be released??

Master

I'm guessing the next 4-6 weeks.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

ok cool thank you for that info

Journeyman

I am also having the same issue after downloading the upgrade last night. Do you have nay updates on when this will be resolved? What other issues are there with this update so I am aware of them please.

Master

There's a few that haven't been addressed yet. They are all mentioned within the following thread regarding the update.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/97470?tstart=0

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

When is the fix being released?

GrandMaster

they wont give a date or even a rough date since anything could happen to delay it. usually you'll find out a couple days before it actually gets released to the public

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Yep, exactly.

--

Journeyman

This has ALWAYS been a major part of my phones at Sprint over the years. The idea that I could answer or NOT answer or run over to the frigging phone to see who it is. After this OTA, I just noticed that my contact ringtones no longer work. Guys/Gals, this is a major screw-up and I would love to know why they would push this update out without knowing this. I just spent an hour waiting to talk with a tech and they finally told me this was a known issue and could do nothing. Are you kidding me?? I love that answer, "The Next Maintenance Release"? That could be MONTHS before it's fixed. I had major doubts about buying an 4G LTE phone on faith when my EVO 3D WiMax worked great. Now, I have a perfect NEW phone and they offered to send me a REFURB!!!!!!!???

Cannot wait to give them my customer service rating on this one!!! Henceforth, whenever I get a new phone, and they offer me an OTA update, I'll wait a few months OR years to see how it shakes out....

Journeyman

this is sum bs sprint tech support sucks & is very rude! i was on the phone for 4hrs for the last 2days & all tech support culd say is that it was my file that was corrupt & take it to a store even after the tech(terry) downloaded a music mp3 from the same website & she claimed it worked ,& i couldnt try it n another phone it hsd to b another evo 4g lte to only find out it was a google problem from a lead supervisor in tech support today he was even mad that i wasnt given the info yesterday

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat