cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC evo 4g LTE for my upgrade

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC evo 4g LTE for my upgrade

So right now I have the lg rumor touch (ancient and bad i know) but i'm eligible for an upgrade, and I had it narrowed down to the htc or the iphone 4s, however after reading some reviews, i think i would rather have the htc. however, my biggest concern is how is the texting on the htc? the rumor touch has a slide keyboard that i have grown very fond of, so i'm curious how good the htc is for texting? everything else on it sounds amazing.

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: HTC evo 4g LTE for my upgrade

The texting and any other input is done via the touchscreen. You have several different keyboard layouts to choose from with the standard QWERTY layout being the default. Input is very easy once you get the hang of not feeling for actual keys.

Keyboard style in Landscope mode is the Standard QWERTY style. Keyboard layouts consist of the following while in portrait mode,

Standard

qwerty.jpg

Phone

phone.jpg

Compact

compact.jpg

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Especially nice is the Swype keyboard. You actually trace out the word rather then individually touching each letter. For instance, to type out QWERTY, you simply touch on the Q and drag across to the Y and then raise your finger. Once you get the hand of it, you will probably be typing messages even faster then the old way.

At least I have.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Agree 100% with smotrs, I had Swype on my old EVO...it was a little buggy now and then but I fell in love with it.  It seems flawless on the new LTE.  LIke he said, you draw the word instead of typing.  For speedy typing/texting you can't beat it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat