cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Unlock My Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How Do I Unlock My Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE?

Greetings,

I'm planning on "UNLOCK" my Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE to be used on ALL phone couriers in the US.

How do I unlock my Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE?

Will there be a charge in unlocking my Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE?

Notify me as soon as you get this message.

End of message.

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES
Master

Re: How Do I Unlock My Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE?

Unfortunately, you can't. The LTEVO will only work on the Sprint Network. No amount of rooting or hacking will get it to work on another carrier. You would need a true World Phone like the ONE or something to be able to use it on another network. Even then, if the network doesn't use a SIM, you won't be able to use it on that network.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

SprintFAQ2013,

Thanks for reaching out and posting on our Sprint community forum! What was the reason for the unlock of the device? A device can be unlocked if you were to go out of the U.S. for travel, other than that, we do not unlock phones to be used with other carriers. Keep me posted on this matter.

Thanks,

Justin

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks guys

Master

Anytime.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

SprintFAQ2013,

Hey there! Sorry for delay in response. Not a problem! Feel free to reach out at anytime, day or night! 

Thanks,

Justin

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

you can unlock HTC Evo 4G LTE phone to any Network using unlock code.Unlock code is the best and safest way to unlock phone.You can get the unlock code for your phone from your network service provider or any third party online vendors.And you can get free unlocking instructions from the site MobileUnlockGuide.com using this you can unlock your phone from Network lock easily.

Master

If I'm not mistaken, the unlock code makes it so it can be used Internationally. Don't believe it will allow you to use it Domestically.

--

Journeyman

The other replies in this thread are mostly incorrect, especially the one from "Sprint Social Care".  If you are travelling internationally, you can call Sprint for the unlock code and they will give it to you.

Or, if you have finished your 24 month contract, you can call Sprint to get the unlock code, even if you do not plan to travel internationally.

Sprint will provide the unlock code.  The code is different for each phone.  To unlock the phone, simply insert a SIM card from some other carrier.  The phone will ask you for the SIM PIN (if the SIM has one).  Enter the SIM PIN (if applicable).  Then, it will ask you for the unlock code.  Enter the unlock code that was provided by Sprint.

Now, you can use your phone on any GSM network, both in the US and internationally.  However, you will be limited to 3G data speeds.

Journeyman

like someone said the EVO LTE doesnt have a sim, and is not GSM compatible.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.