cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can turn OFF the Camera shooting click Noise ??

Highlighted
Patron

How I can turn OFF the Camera shooting click Noise ??

How I can turn OFF the Camera shooting click Noise ?? Everybody know when I take a picture, I want privacy when I take my pictures. Can somebody tell me how I can turn off the camera noise ?? 🙂

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Master

Re: How I can turn OFF the Camera shooting click Noise ??

Sprint does not provide a way to turn of the camera click noise  This policy is in place for privacy reasons so that using the native camera creates a sound that would be noticeable to any subjects of a photograph, willing or unwilling    There are application available in the play store that will allow this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

just turn the volume rocker all the way down to vibrate

Highlighted
Master

Yep, this is your only native option for disabling the camera sound. So be sure to turn the volume all the way down before you attempt to take photos on the sly. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Sprint Product Ambassador

Turning volume all the way down using the rocker will also turn off the shutter sounds.

Highlighted
Master

You can probably also find an App or two in the Play store that may help, search for Voyeur, Voyeurism or Peeping Tom.  

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

or u can just caugh or sneeze at the same time LOL

Highlighted
Journeyman

Handy instructions for [MOD]Camera.apk with Shutter Sound Toggle

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1702559

Highlighted
Master

KHAMILTON1957 wrote:

Keep in mind, this requires having a Rooted device.

--

Highlighted
Wizard

After the update, I'm still able to disable the shutter sound.

You can also connect bt headphones, wired headphones, or even plug in a dummy male jack into the headset port to shut off the sound.

Highlighted
Journeyman

smotrs wrote:

KHAMILTON1957 wrote:

Keep in mind, this requires having a Rooted device.

But everbody should have one. It makes the device better and you learn somethings.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

not everyone wants to risk bricking their phone...seeing as how alot of people out there arent as tech savvy as others..or even know what rooting is...

most just want their phone to do the simple things and not have to worry about it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat