cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I fixed my proximity sensor problem on evo 4g

Journeyman

How I fixed my proximity sensor problem on evo 4g

I tried 'proximity sensor finder' app from play store thanks to an xda post and noticed that there is another part to the prox sensor that my screen protector was covering up.  My screen protector had only one hole cutout for a sensor that is visible when you carefully look on the top left side of the glass.  However, when i ran the 'finder' app, i saw another tiny red light come on about 1/3" to the LEFT of the visible sensor that was covered up.  I made a cut around this red light and then the app also reported sensor being covered up or not correctly after this extra cut.  While the problem of sensor messing up with my call screen became aparent after JB update, the simple cutout fixed the problem for me.  Battery life, well, that's something else i haven't figured out but i hope someone else will!

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: How I fixed my proximity sensor problem on evo 4g

Woojay,

That is awesome that you were able to get that fixed.  Funny how a clear screen protector will cause a prox sensor not to work. You seem to be well aware of your phone abilities. What is going on with the battery?  Have you tried the usual suspects?  Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, and Apps?  Make sure nothing is running in the background that shouldn't? 

Journeyman

It's been pretty thirsty ever since the JB update, but just the other I noticed that the native mail app ate up 1.5 GB for the past two weeks and I have noticed how the app keeps updating from my exchange account, while yahoo account from the same app seems to work fine.  I deleted the exchange account and added it back just now so I will keep on eye on the date transfer and the app as well.  For the past few weeks I actually noticed my phone getting warm in my pocket, and also use significant amount of battery power w/in a very short amount of time at work where I have a weak signal.  Not sure if they are related, but at this point, I hope they are from the same problem.

GrandMaster

a weak signal is by far one of the biggest battery killers out there..followed up by things syncing constantly in the background and then on to the usual other things.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

I know having your battery dying is not fun, and kind of annoying! Here is a link to help optimize your battery life! http://bit.ly/zbUrh5 It runs through the settings that may be draining your battery.

Thank you,

Samantha

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat