cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change default camera settings HTC EVO 4G LTE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I change default camera settings HTC EVO 4G LTE?

On the HTC EVO 4G LTE, I'd like to change settings so that I don't have to go in and change them each time I turn on the camera.

Specifically, I'd like to change the "Camera scene" to "Macro".  The way to set that each time is Camera, then click the Camera Icon in corner of screen, Scene Selection pulldown, scroll down, select Macro.  Too many steps to do almost every time I turn on the camera.   

Alternatively, I could use a desktop icon that turned on the camera into that mode for me.

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: How do I change default camera settings HTC EVO 4G LTE?

koam,

Thanks for the post. Have you taken a look into the settings menu? I can take a closer look into this for you.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Master

Unfortunately, there is no way to store the settings. So you have ot resort to changing it everytime you launch the camera. Might be able to do it with a 3rd party camera, but the LTEVO doesn't allow it.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Victor, 

Thanks for asking. Yes I looked into settings menu and didn't find it.

I saw online that other phones (HTC One, for example) have similar features "Scene Selection" "Macro" etc.  So this may apply or the answer may be found in discussions of other similar Android / HTC phones.

Journeyman

Thanks smotrs. I was searching Google Play Store for camera apps but haven't located or tried any yet.

Journeyman

I'm having a different type of problem and was wondering if there was some kind of update to the camera software. I no longer can see the heading "Main Camera" in the settings and I no longer see the option to change the image resolution of the still cameras. About three weeks ago I could change the resolution under the heading "Image Resolution". It gave the standard options such as 640 x 480, 1280 x 720 and so on. Now the menu starts with the heading "Self Timer" then "Aspect and Resolution". When I pop the drop down menu under "Aspect and Resolution", I see Large 16.9 under "Aspect and Resolution" then "Widescreen" with a radio button which enables a setting of 16.9 or 4.3. Under that is listed the headings: Large, (3264 x 1840), Medium, (2592 x 1456) and Small, (2048 x 1152). Is this an update and is this supposed to be an improvement? The video setting seems to be the same. In HD.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat