cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i get the battery out?

Journeyman

How do i get the battery out?

Can someone tell me how i can get the battery out of the new Sprint EVO 4G LTE?

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: How do i get the battery out?

oh gosh, not removable.

Journeyman

You can't.  The battery is enclosed like the iPhone. At least that is what they told me when they tried to fix my EVO LTE.

Wizard

It's true that the battery is not removable. If you need to do a full soft reset (equivalent to a battery pull), it can still be performed by holding the power button for 10 seconds until the device powers off. This is helpful if your device is not responding.

-Donnie

Master

As mentioned, battery removal is not possible from a user standpoint. However, battery life on these phones has been very good and with the battery pull simulation, battery pull doesn't seem necessary. Sure, there are users who think that's a deal breaker because they are used to carrying multiple batteries with them, but most users will find this to be acceptable.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

There's a video on youtube showing how to remove the battery, but it involves taking the phone apart.  If all you need to do is reset the phone, use the technique described in this thread.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.