cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you remove the battery from an HTC 4G LTE?

SOLVED
Journeyman

How do you remove the battery from an HTC 4G LTE?

I had my HTC 4F LTE for 3 weeks then fell into my pool with phone in my pocket. Yes, I was totally sober, just lost my balance. Service center said it was a goner and I ordered a replacement 3 days ago - still no phone. Out of boredom and frustration, I plugged the old phone into the charger several times but only got a red blinking light. Today, I plugged it into the charger and eventually came up with a green light. That got me excited, so I tried to turn it on, and it started humming very loudly and won't stop. How do  you remove the battery from one of these phones? I don't care if it self destructs, but I don't want to cause any damage to me or my surroundings.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: How do you remove the battery from an HTC 4G LTE?

non removable battery.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/90773?tstart=0

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I think there are a couple of youtube videos of it being done.

For the average cosnumer its a non removable battery. But if your a little tech savvy and have the right tools its removable.

Since its wet the warranty is void anyway.

Journeyman

Thanks to all who responded. The simulated battery pull worked and it is now silent. It was only 3 weeks old, and the insurance on these new phones is $150 deductible, not $100 as indicated in the original paperwork. Tech store said they just haven't updated the wording to reflect the change. So I'm out another $150 to replace a phone I wasn't that impressed with anyway.

GrandMaster

even worse the repair stores arent even able to get into the phones yet..so for the time being if the battery goes even if still under manufacturer warranty you'll still end up dishing out the deductible for a refurb...same deal if the external speaker goes wonky...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Yeah, it's gonna be probably a few months before the Repair centers are sent documentation regarding how to do battery swaps on these devices. Luckily, the battery life on these devices has been very respectable with users exceeding 24+ hours easily. So the need for the battery swap doesn't seem to be as necessary at this time as previous devices.

Whether we get similar battery life a year from now will still need to be investigated at that time.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

There were quite a few discussions regarding the TEP as well as emails and postal mails being sent out reagarding it. Unfortunately, there are still people not quite aware of the changes as you discovered.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/plans/blog/2012/06/19/tep-price-change-f...

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.