cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you turn on 4g

Go to solution
Journeyman

How do you turn on 4g

I am not able to even see an option to turn on my 4g service on my HTC Evo 4g LTE.  I see where I can turn on the LTE service, but there is not even an option to turn 4g on or off.  Can someone help me?  I feel like I have looked everwhere.

Tags (4)
27 REPLIES 27
Wizard

Re: How do you turn on 4g

LSLACK83

Thanks for the post. 4G is LTE. So the same way you turn LTE service off and on is how you turn 4G on and off. Hope this helps.

Wizard

The only way to turn 4G LTE off is to change the Network mode to CDMA only.

Settings<select Mobile data< select Network mode

Journeyman

the only option I see for turning on LTE is when it askes if I want to use LTE and CDMA and I say yes.  Does that turn on the 4g?  Is there not an option to have the 4g come on or off?  I have never had 4g ever show up on this phone and I know I have it in my area.

Wizard

If you have LTE/CDMA as the network mode, then 4G LTE is turned on. Can you provide me with your zip code so that I can verify LTE coverage?

Journeyman

the only option I see for turning on LTE is when it askes if I want to use LTE and CDMA and I say yes.  Does that turn on the 4g?  Is there not an option to have the 4g come on or off?  I have never had 4g ever show up on this phone and I know I have it in my area.

Master

As long as your phone is set to use CDMA/LTE and not CDMA only it will connect to LTE when it's available. In the meantime, it only connects to 3G. So as long as it says CDMA/LTE, 4G is considered ON. If it says CDMA then in a sense, 4G is OFF.

When you are in an area that has LTE service, the 3G symbol will change to a 4G symbol. When you leave that area, it will switch back to a 3G symbol.

Keep in mind, in the case of the LTEVO, 4G is LTE, in the case of the OEVO, 4G is WiMAX. Two difference types of 4G, neither is compatible with the other.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

97305 is the zip code for Salem oregon, but I go to Portland Oregon also and I am told that Portland for sure has LTE coverage.

Master

Then you should see it change the way I describe in my 2nd line when you enter and leave Portland.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Awesome, thank you

Wizard

As of right now, I am not showing 4G LTE in either the 97305 zip code or Portland, OR. They may be using the 4G WiMax network, which is different than the LTE network.

Master

Yeah, Sensorly isn't showing anything either. When they (not sure who they are) told you there was LTE, maybe they were talking about Verizon or someone else?

http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=portland,%20or

--

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat