cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer photos to a Mac computer?

Journeyman

How to transfer photos to a Mac computer?

With my original HTC EVO, my IMac recognized it as a USB drive. I could drag and drop photos from my phone to the computer.

Tried it with my new HTC EVO 4G LTE. No way to do it.

Sprint tech support checked thoroughly and found only way would be to put phone's SD card in a card reader and attach to the IMac.

After one attempt at opening the back of the phone, I decided I could damage the phone if I did this once every one or two weeks.

Is there anyway to make the IMac recognize my phone as a USB drive?

Is this an Ice Cream Sandwich software flaw? Or is it the HTV EV 4G LTE?

all help welcome

thanks

4 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: How to transfer photos to a Mac computer?

I assume the phone came with the USB cable. Try this?

http://www.iskysoft.com/convert-mobile/sync-htc-to-mac.html

Journeyman

Use the app Dropbox. Open the app and register yourself on your phone. You will get an email to download software to your Mac. You might need a gmail account. Download and install the software on your Mac. Add photos from your gallery albums to Dropbox. The files will be in your Dropbox folder on your Mac and your phone. Your phone will be synced with your Mac through Dropbox.

Journeyman

I had the same problem connecting EVO LTE to IMAC to get the USB drive, but I had no problem accessing the USB drive on EVO 3D...my solution was to setup the bluetooth connection with the IMAC and paired with EVO LTE, from there I was able to send files to my EVO LTE via bluetooth from the IMAC.  This will work with photos, videos, contacts, and calendar events...

Wizard

use wifi file explorer. you open up a web browser. type in the ip address the app assigns your phone into the web browser and boom! all of yoru contents form your phone are there.

no usb no bluetooth connections. all over wifi.

check it out. Ive used this for a long time on a tablet as well as the phone.

wifi file explorer

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.