cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use phone when on a call??? Light keeps going out

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to use phone when on a call??? Light keeps going out

When I am on the phone I can't use it because everytime I hit the button on top to bring up the screen it only stays up for a second and then goes back black.  It doesn't give you enough time to even drag the circle up to use it.... Any one know how to fix this???

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

When your pressing the Power Button (button at top) your actually turning the screen back off most likely. When in a call, the proximity sensor turns the screen off. When you move the phone away from your face in a lighted area, it should light up again and allow you to use the phone. However, if you get close to the proximity sensor again it will turn the screen off.

There are time sthough when the screen turns off completely and you have to press the power button to turn it back on. In these cases, you may want to try to press the power button with your hand behind the phone rather then in the front as it can confuse the proximity sensor and do what I described above as well. THe Proximity sensor is very sensitive when in a phone call.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks!!! I will be sure to watch this and try it out when I get on my next call!!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat