cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Htc Evo 4G LTE May 7th at midnight?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Htc Evo 4G LTE May 7th at midnight?

This will be my first time time doing a Sprint preorder online, so excuse me if this question seems silly. My question is; Will the Htc Evo 4g LTE go on preorder on May 7th at Midnight? I assumed it would but I am not sure. Was going to get a Galaxy Nexus for the "pure Google" experience, but I just don't think I could waste 2 more years on a technically inferior phone again. The Evo 4g Lte seems like it will be an absolute beast of a phone!

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
GrandMaster

as much as i would love to jump on this phone i think i'll wait until at least july to see what all starter issues it has out the gate....gonna be a toughy holding out though lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

fireguy_6364 wrote:

as much as i would love to jump on this phone i think i'll wait until at least july to see what all starter issues it has out the gate....gonna be a toughy holding out though lol

I agree. I really want this phone. But I will wait a month until I get a feel for what idiosyncracies this phone has and if they are a deal-breaker. If it is like the Evo 4G, I will be buying sooner rather than later... But definitely not on the first day.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

this routine is also why im still running my original EVO 4G. nothing to date has really caught my eye.. one month of trolling that phones forum is usually enough to know if its a turd on a stick or excaliber. only thing on this phone that is making me step back for a bit (aside from the bug/new phone issues wait) is that non removable battery. heavy users dont like having to throttle back due to lack of juice

Message was edited by: fireguy_6364

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

I agree on all points. I also like to make sure that someone has come up with a way to root the sucker.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i never was one to root my phones...id much rather be able to point a finger at my carrier for my phone messing up than cause it with my own doing lol...plus phones i can work with..computers...not so much..as is im having a hard enough time figuring out how to transfer files from my sd card to my comp so i can either reformat it or transfer to a larger sd card. its been having some issues.

Highlighted
Wizard

With my personality, if I could not root and mess with my phone I would just get a flip phone. I really do not need to have such high-end phones anyway. It is just for fun. I am even considering just getting a wifi tablet and flip phone.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

if i want mental stimulation i'll hop on my xbox and shoot people lol...i havent had a flip phone in about 15 years

Highlighted
Journeyman

Only phone I ever tampered with was my old Iphone 3g back on At&t. I jailbroke it and it was worth it. I remember using a video camera app after jailbreaking it. At that time the Iphone couldn't shoot video until the 3gs dropped.                                                                                                                             

The Android platform is so much more open than the Apple OS. I don't think I would see a need to root the phone. Maybe I'm missing something?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think you're smart for doing so, but I just don't think I can hold out. I know there may be an issue or 2, but I will be keeping my fingers crossed that they are very minor issues...

Highlighted
GrandMaster

its not for everyone thats for sure lol..but after seeing so many phones either not live up to their hype or have issue after issue i personally will wait until i know its safe...or close to it. as much as a monster as this phone is...i still see the usual problems out the gate that every phone has

Highlighted
Journeyman

what i was wondering is if we root it and the phone freezes how are we going to fix it? do we wait until the phone battery dies?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat