cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Htc Evo 4G LTE May 7th at midnight?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Htc Evo 4G LTE May 7th at midnight?

This will be my first time time doing a Sprint preorder online, so excuse me if this question seems silly. My question is; Will the Htc Evo 4g LTE go on preorder on May 7th at Midnight? I assumed it would but I am not sure. Was going to get a Galaxy Nexus for the "pure Google" experience, but I just don't think I could waste 2 more years on a technically inferior phone again. The Evo 4g Lte seems like it will be an absolute beast of a phone!

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Journeyman

@ fireguy and @ vonix, thanks both for your replies, helps a lot.

Sense reload deal....what's that?  But I see that vonix confirmed Sense 4.0

Oh ok , so the Google Wallet is not on our current EVO, that's a new thing?  For some reason I kept seeing Wallet in th "sprint suggested apps" which I guess is just an "acounting" app...Sry guys, not up on "all" the techy stuff. Just enuf to be dangerous...Hehe

Seems like I wouldn't use the NFC anyway. ??  Or is it a cool feature. Thanks.

Also, ref an earlier post,  I was not happy with the "scam" over the xtra charge for 4G that never came to fruition, in my area, and am leary about the "LTE" service.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Vonix08 wrote:

It is using Sense 4.0 that has been confirmed by many websites. As for 4.0 features Engadget has a great hands on with it.

yah i'll have to go check that out. i think s4gru has some information on it as well.

@warrior391- the sense reload was a problem that hit some HTC phones. when backing out of a app you would get the HTC splash screen (same screen as when you restart your phone). it was never figured out or proven if this was caused by sense itself or the Gingerbread update. some had it worse than others. im still running the original evo and get it from time to time after running large apps...especially games that use alot of memory and have alot going on.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ohhhh, THAT reload, yea, I get it constantly...Errrr.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not sure on the app on andriod (currently on a win7 phone) but you can use wallet without the nfc online. Google Wallet is kinda like paypal in a sense. You can go onto google.com and log in and set up a wallet account. As for the NFC thats a fairly new phone tech.

As for the sense 4.0, I came from a N1 phone with the pure and went away from android cause I didn't want the overlays, the 4.0 review has me willing to give it a try as its less intrusive. Will be making the jump to sprint and the Evo 4G LTE when I can in June.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, that helps , thanks...

Highlighted
GrandMaster

so far the rumor still holds for a june 10th release. after watching the EVO LTE thread for at least a month for its issues i'll finaly either jump on it or curb it and look for a different phone

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

the original reason I rooted my EVO 4G was to remove all the bloatware(Sprint apps like nascar, blockbuster, amazon, etc) that was taking up internal space and preventing me from using more apps that weren't able to run from SD... now I can run all my apps from SD if I so choose... I don't think carriers should just load phones up with apps and not allow you to delete them... if you drop hundreds of dollars to purchase the device it's yours and if you don't want a nascar app taking up space on it you should be entitled to delete it

Highlighted
GrandMaster

this subject has been beat to death over the last few years. if i remember right starting with the 3D they were able to delete the bloatware...unfortunatley it doesnt fully remove it..it just puts it in a dormant stage. maybe with ICS there will be better options and or less-no bloatware?

Highlighted
Journeyman

should be open at midnight...it was for the origional evo and i cant wait!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wish it was going to be midinight tonight, I even had a few reps tell me midnight, but apparently its 9AM EST tomorrow morning.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat